PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277
Re: Want touch pro 2? want to disable slide out Qwerty keyboard? YES I DO!!!

So I am kind of upset about this. I got my TP brand new and have kept it in perfect condition. I unlocked it and had been running custom roms since March with no issues. This weekend my hardware keyboard stopped working on me. The first time i was able to fix with just a soft reset. The second time I had to power it off and take out the battery. Third time I did a hard reset to get it back. Finally it just gave out all together. So I figured maybe a new rom would work, nope still didn't fix it. So maybe back to sprint? Nope...........so I ordered a new one through advance exchange........realized I needed to relock the device. Rebooted..........now the keyboard is working again????? Should I take the refurb or attempt to cancel my order? I'm afraid if the ribbon is loose or something it may act up again. Any ideas?
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesty16277 View Post
So I am kind of upset about this. I got my TP brand new and have kept it in perfect condition. I unlocked it and had been running custom roms since March with no issues. This weekend my hardware keyboard stopped working on me. The first time i was able to fix with just a soft reset. The second time I had to power it off and take out the battery. Third time I did a hard reset to get it back. Finally it just gave out all together. So I figured maybe a new rom would work, nope still didn't fix it. So maybe back to sprint? Nope...........so I ordered a new one through advance exchange........realized I needed to relock the device. Rebooted..........now the keyboard is working again????? Should I take the refurb or attempt to cancel my order? I'm afraid if the ribbon is loose or something it may act up again. Any ideas?
Take the replacement unless you want to have the keyboard keep working and not working. It will go out eventually.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Not that I would do this because the moral thread police are lurking, but... what you need is a cab to break the keyboard. So you would flash to stock install the .cab then lock the device. Then hope they don't hard reset the device. Even if they did you could say ya well I just did that and you saw it wasn't working.

Or I got it for the moral police, you could wait and when your devices keyboard finally dies AND YOUR WARRANTY IS UP, YOU WILL BE SCREWED. I BET THE MORAL POLICE WOULD LOVE THAT. Ya just because theirs just happen to go out when the device was still under warranty they should get a new phone and the rest of us should just pray that nothing happens. Nice...
Warranty does not matter in this case. If you look at the OP at howard forums you will see that it is for Warranty or TEP replacements. When I got mine replaced they specifically told me that the phone was out of warranty but THIS DOES NOT MATTER since I have TEP. Bottom line, a failed TP will get replaced by a TP2 eventually, I just don't see the point in lying about it.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Warranty does not matter in this case. If you look at the OP at howard forums you will see that it is for Warranty or TEP replacements. When I got mine replaced they specifically told me that the phone was out of warranty but THIS DOES NOT MATTER since I have TEP. Bottom line, a failed TP will get replaced by a TP2 eventually, I just don't see the point in lying about it.

Thanks yes I have TEP. I understand that people shouldn't lie. I'm just gonna hit the buttons a little harder maybe that we help it along.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:19 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Faking issues with your phone is fraud. It doesn't belong here. Thread closed.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
disable, touch pro, touch pro 2, touch pro keyboard