PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: sprint

iredline5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sah0724 View Post
My phone is beginning to fail me, the screen goes black at times and then turns back on, also the slider is bending a little to the right when I close it. I have no insurance and sprint won't help me out, they want me to upgrade my phone and sign a new contract.
Thats why you need to have insurance on these phones. How long have you have the phone active on your acc? and are you the original owner?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

desipilla is a n00b

Hey, my TP has a bunch of scratches on the sides and back but keyboard, and screen are scratch free, and also it is blacking sometimes, and keyboard doesnt work half the time. Does anyone think that they would replace my phone (considering all the scratches)? I would be fine with another TP but a TP2 would be great! Thing is that I have an upgrade available but would like to try and use my insurance to my advantage. I can also swap phones with my brother then have him take it in but then the problem is that will they know if he just got that TP on his account? He currently doesnt have a TP (he has the pre). Also my TP is on Mightyrom right now should I just flash it back to sprint rom or do i have to do something more than that before taking it in to the store? And is just taking it into the store my best bet?

THANKS in advance!
Old 02-26-2010, 04:25 PM
N00b

mdsevol is just getting started

Well i dialed *2 from my phone, went to an operator to complain about touch pro problems and she passed me onto warranty claims and before I could even complain much to her she offered me a list of Palm Pre, Blackberry Curve or HTC Touch Pro 2 to replace my phone for free. Touch pro 2 is ON THE WAY BABY! 2-3 business days and im in business, i just hope it doesnt suck as hard as the touch pro. How many people are very happy with their replacement? or was it just another phone without much improvement?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sah0724 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iredline5 View Post
Thats why you need to have insurance on these phones. How long have you have the phone active on your acc? and are you the original owner?
Yes, I'm the orginal owner, got the phone new in 2009 (march) and no TEP. I'm gonna renew my contract and just get a better phone, sell this phone off. My contract expired july 09
Old 02-26-2010, 04:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

stratman71 is a n00b

+1 TP2 on the way. My refurb TP1 I received a few weeks back gets even hotter than the one I exchanged out. Told the slightly uneducated sounding rep I was at a service center this morning and they hard reset and flashed current software onto it, but that didn't help and I was worried about the fire hazards such as have been on the news lately with Ipods and sony batteries. Rep was in process of writing out ticket for another TP1 when I casually asked what comparable models are available with the large keyboard, WIFI and windows mobile. Rep told me TouchPro and TouchPro 2 are available and I asked If I am eligible for a TP2 since I am concerned a TP1 has potentially fatal design flaw, and they told me sure.
So it is true, it all depends on the rep.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: E V O !

albertlarios is just getting started

ok guys, im not sure that what im about to type has been submitted as a technique yet or not, but this is what i did.

I got an indirect store to open an e-ticket for me because they had to order me a tp.(they coudnt fix it ie: no parts) I told them that on the phone they told me i should ask for a different model phone. That i was "entitled" to more options because of all the replacemetns (6 in my case but anything more than 2 makes you eligible) They said hold on let me check...

"Oh yes, here it is" was her response, as if shed never heard of it before (damn those crooked indirect stores... and direct too) Their was an option that allowed her to order me a different model phone. Anyways because of my plan (SERO, indirect stores have zero access to these account holders plans) she could not tell me what phones on the list where compatible with it (TP2 was not on the list supposedly)...I asked her what do you mean you cant tell me what phones will work with it.... more lies came out of her mouth, essentialy that they didnt know and where not going to make any effort to figure it out, even though a quick (maybe long) call to CS would have done the trick.(cant blame to much since it all worked out in my favor anyways) So she said that I would have to call CS to find out what phones where compatible and to came back in when I could so she could place the order.... the manager (im guessing it was the manager) told her to leave the e-ticket open to make things easier/simpler/faster for when I returned. (AWESOME IDEA!!) They told me to mention a "WEL list" just before i left.

So I go home and call CS, get transferred to Tech Support because he "cant" access or understand what the "WEL list". Once their I spoke with a guy who could not be more contentious. He kept insinuating that he had no idea how he could order a different model phone. And had "no clue" what the "WEL" program was. The only option he could continue with was to start the process of ordering me another TP, and here is THE KEY..... (for me anyways)

He could only order me a phone because a store had started and left open an e-ticket that he could continue with. Otherwise it would have been back to the store for me. Anyways halfway through the order process he says "the program has allowed me to offer you a different model phone.... TP2 WAS!!! on it and the rest is history.....

So....

1) Have a legit problem
2) Go to a store
3) Find a reason to leave ur e-ticket open
4) Call it in to have a tech complete the order and offer you the
complete list of phones on the WEL list.
5) live happily ever after
6) Completely die when you find out the TP2 has its own list of
problems
7) Remain satisfied because you where able to get out of your own personal hell the
TP, and realize that its still 10x better!!!!!

Good luck, and thanks "Sprint replacing TP with TP2" thread for all the motivation!

Last edited by albertlarios; 02-26-2010 at 09:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

hockeyman12c is just getting started

Here is my how I got my TP2:

First I would like to say that I did not think I would get the upgrade though I knew it was possible. I purchased my TP on ebay 135 bucks, the keyboard failed 2 months later. There was not a scratch on the phone so I brought it to a repair center (45 minutes away). They fixed the keyboard and when they were putting it back together I was told I'm due for an upgrade. I was about to pay 299 for the TP2 (I have sero $30 plan so thats as good as I can get). Then he said I have bad and good news, your screen isn't working (bad news), the good you get a free upgrade. 10 minutes later I walked out with a TP2!

So far sprint has been good to me. Got on sero just in time at $30. They screwed up my mogul rebate ($350 not 100). Sold that on ebay for 200 dollars. Bough diamond for 200 after 25% live cash back. Sold that for 50 buck (to a friend) and bough my TP. Overall I have spent about 50 bucks on phones from mogul->diamond->TP->TP2
Old 02-27-2010, 12:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint- SERO 1250

knexx is a n00b

After taking a TP2, does sprint want the TP back?
Old 02-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knexx View Post
After taking a TP2, does sprint want the TP back?
yes, they do.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sah0724 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50301; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

yes you have to back the old phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro