PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 05:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

Steve.G is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems accessing epst

Ok, I have a VZW branded Touch Pro. I'm running SSK 2.3.2 and here's my situation.

I had been having trouble with my dialer not closing, and my memory usage would hover around 80-90% all the time, even with no apps open. So before just loading another ROM (since I really love SSK) I decided to monkey around with it a bit.

In the '/my documents/SSK/' folder I found two files, one of them was called 'winmo dialer' which I launched and it installed a different dialer for me. It looks a little less cool graphics wise, but hey, it doesn't consume all my memory. I'm now sitting at about 50% or so regularly.

Anyhow, there was another file in that directory called 'PPST 2.01 for G...' which, I figured (like a noob) that I should run since the dialer had fixed a problem for me.. and it seemed like this would also be a good idea. Well anyways, turns out the whole file name was 'PPST 2.01 for GPS' so it may or may not be related to my problem. But it did reset my theme, and a bunch of other things.

Aaaaanyways..

I can't get to the PST menu any more. I have tried:
##778, ##778#, #778#, ##3282, ##3282#, running /windows/epst.exe (which doesn't exist on my phone?), and a few other combinations
All of the dialed ones just try to call.. and since epst.exe is not in my /windows directory (that I can find) I can't run it manually.

I know before I changed dialers it worked.

Also, I do have a file called epstLab with no extension, if that is significant at all.

I've been reading and trying, but no joy so far. Any ideas?
Old 09-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: Problems accessing epst

it's the dialer you installed. it most likely doesn't have ##anything# codes wrote on it. either have to do start/settings/remove programs to get it off or hard reset the phone. Do a pim back up at least before hard reset. Sorry to be the one with bad news.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

side note......... when you can't read the program before install, switch to landscape or try nename file just to scan the name and see what it says without renaming it.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Steve.G is a n00b

Thanks for the tips. I see that I can uninstall the 'Customization tools' which I believe is the PPST. What I'd like to know is why I can't find /windows/epst.exe since the ## codes are just shortcuts to that, aren't they?

Also, maybe someone running SSK or familliar with it would like to advise me on what's going on with the dialer. The one on there by default has a ridiculous memory leak, but the one that is provided in the SSK folder doesn't have the ## codes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
epst, pst