PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout
Question Could someone please suggest a ROM to me? :)

Hello all.

I've been switching between ROMs recently and I really don't know what one to stick with. I'm not so familiar with
Total Commander so I don't really know how to switch everything around in a ROM.

I first went to MightyROM 4 I think, all the way to MightyROM 6 (FINAL). Then I tried EnergyROM (which is what I have right now) and it was great, new and different, but every ROM I've had so far always have really annoying problems, some I can't really even explain. From my alarm never going off (and trust me, I've tried numerous things) to missing a call from (UNKNOWN) when its really
my girlfriend and then it rings for a second, then stops, then goes to volume control for a second, then goes back to ringing, and I end up having around 7 missed calls from unknown inside of just a few seconds.

ANYWAYS! Sorry for typing a bedtime story but I thought I would let you know what issues I've been experiencing. I'm beginning to think it's just the HTC Touch Pro itself. I've had JUICY 8 in mind but it looks kind of plain, lol. I like looks and all the 'little' cool things. What would you suggest?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Could someone please suggest a ROM to me? :)

Every ROM has it's quirks which eventually get worked out once members start to share their experiences and how they over came the issue.

My suggestion is to read through the thread where you downloaded your ROM. See if others are experienceing the same issue. I've noticed that some people experience more issues than others and there is no real explaination to it. There are just too many veriables from one user to the next.

So, that being said... Read, read and read some more then if you don't see others experiencing the same issue ask for help... More than likely someone experience the same and possibly has a fix they can recommend... Believe it or not, there are some great users in the forum that are more than happy to assist... And always give thanks!!!

BTW, I roll with NRG... Haven't tried anything else since my first taste... For me it runs flawless...

Best of luck...
Old 09-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuff

if you feel like getting used to the new style of windows mobile...try black dragon rom...always using the newest system releases...i personally back it...

check my signature for the link!!!

as always if i or anyone have helped you in any way, please take the time to press , a lot of time and research has went into finding the solutions that help you and many others...much appreciated...thank you!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

<shameless plug>
my rom has none of those issues
</shameless plug>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro