PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 04:14 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone else use LogMeIn??

Pocket Internet Explorer is the Internet Explorer on your phone (PIE)

Logmein should automatically recognize your device as a mobile device. It'll ask you to install an app. Install that, and you're good to go. I use dual monitors on my PC, and when I log in, there is a button to switch monitors. I can even re-size the resolution on my Touch Pro so the PC screen shows as 640x480 (which actually looks nice).

If your phone is already on the Wifi network, you can use the HTC network plugin (google it, and you can install the app). That works great for file management. It essentially allows you to browse the shared folders on your PC, and you can pull files from your PC to your phone. Once you have installed & enabled the HTC network plugin, you would use your standard File Explorer (or Total Commander, etc...) to browse the files on your PC.

As for actually logging on to the screen of your computer, I much prefer logmein to RDC (Remote Desktop Client). RDC logs you off your PC (unless you enable dual logins while remote accessing, but again, this makes it more complicated), and sometimes resizes your PC resolution - which in turn rearranges all your desktop icons (unless you're well organized and don't have any icons on the desktop).
Old 09-08-2009, 07:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (but i pay for sprint)

drizzo91 is a n00b

I got LMI running on my TP, but I had to use a program called k for touch pro. Try googling it...if you cant find it, I will try to find it and post it this evening.

it is a cab that makes a program that you can launch from the Programs>Games folder....i am not nearly smart enough to know how it works, but it changes the mode of the keyboard input to work with LMI
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzo91 View Post
I got LMI running on my TP, but I had to use a program called k for touch pro. Try googling it...if you cant find it, I will try to find it and post it this evening.

it is a cab that makes a program that you can launch from the Programs>Games folder....i am not nearly smart enough to know how it works, but it changes the mode of the keyboard input to work with LMI
So you're saying Logmein now runs as an app on your phone instead of through the web browser?
Old 09-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

loddvs is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
For those who don't know LogMeIn is a very good free remote desktop service, though I am still trying to figure out how to get it running on my TP. I don't understand why they make a dedicated app for the Iphone but not us, but I digress. supposedly I'd have to use Internet Explorer and go to a special "PDA friendly" link to use the service from my TP. The problem is that when I enter remote desktop mode, the computer's screen doesn't come up it has the big FlashPlayer 9 icon.....but I thought our phones, well no phones could use flash?
You are probably running a 6.5 ROM with the new PIE on it. That reports to LogMeIn as IE6, so it tries to run the newer flash plugin, it doesn't KNOW you're on a mobile phone. Search for IE Toggle on the forum here, it's all over the place. that will let you switch back and forth to the OLD PIE.

Toggle to the old PIE, then visit LMI, it'll recognize that browser, install the ActiveX plugin and run like a charm.

Quote:

This is actually a separate issue. On many phones (my TP included) the hardware keyboard does not work in LMI. the program Kfortouchpro changes the IME for programs like LMI so they work. There may be a newer version, search around. I would also recommend this for those trying to use LMI.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Threadstarter

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Yeah even in mobile mode, PIE wouldn't let me connect (just had a white screen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loddvs View Post
You are probably running a 6.5 ROM with the new PIE on it. That reports to LogMeIn as IE6, so it tries to run the newer flash plugin, it doesn't KNOW you're on a mobile phone. Search for IE Toggle on the forum here, it's all over the place. that will let you switch back and forth to the OLD PIE.

Toggle to the old PIE, then visit LMI, it'll recognize that browser, install the ActiveX plugin and run like a charm.

This is actually a separate issue. On many phones (my TP included) the hardware keyboard does not work in LMI. the program Kfortouchpro changes the IME for programs like LMI so they work. There may be a newer version, search around. I would also recommend this for those trying to use LMI.
Cool I'll give that a whirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
So you're saying Logmein now runs as an app on your phone instead of through the web browser?
I hope so, though it sounds like it just has a tweaker program in place to get PIE to work correctly with it.
Quote:

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try the one that Loddvs posted up
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Pocket Internet Explorer is the Internet Explorer on your phone (PIE)

Logmein should automatically recognize your device as a mobile device. It'll ask you to install an app. Install that, and you're good to go. I use dual monitors on my PC, and when I log in, there is a button to switch monitors. I can even re-size the resolution on my Touch Pro so the PC screen shows as 640x480 (which actually looks nice).

If your phone is already on the Wifi network, you can use the HTC network plugin (google it, and you can install the app). That works great for file management. It essentially allows you to browse the shared folders on your PC, and you can pull files from your PC to your phone. Once you have installed & enabled the HTC network plugin, you would use your standard File Explorer (or Total Commander, etc...) to browse the files on your PC.

As for actually logging on to the screen of your computer, I much prefer logmein to RDC (Remote Desktop Client). RDC logs you off your PC (unless you enable dual logins while remote accessing, but again, this makes it more complicated), and sometimes resizes your PC resolution - which in turn rearranges all your desktop icons (unless you're well organized and don't have any icons on the desktop).
I don't need the file transfer feature per say, since when I'm home I usually will plug my TP in if I need to put any new cabs on it, but thanks anyway. I was thinking that 640x480 would probably look the best.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC tp
Carrier: verzion

arcowboy is a n00b

were is this mobile / desktop mode switch hidin at, in the desktop internet explorer I have been testin this a while with no luck
Old 09-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Threadstarter

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcowboy View Post
were is this mobile / desktop mode switch hidin at, in the desktop internet explorer I have been testin this a while with no luck
It's right under the view tab in the bottom right pop up menu (with active x toggling)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro