PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6850
Carrier: Sprint

aesoprock00 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
awesome battery life

So i got a new Touch Pro from the Sprint store on Monday due to my previous one basically falling apart (power button stopped working, keyboard didn't work, battery lasted maybe 2hours of standby). And they gave me a new in box TP. I decided this time to get rid of TouchFlo and install Spb Mobile Shell instead. Now, i can't say if this is what did it, but i've only had to charge the phone once since monday (Monday night it was on the charger all night), and i'm only down to 60% now. I've used WMWifiRouter, made some phone calls, browsed internet using Skyfire, and sent probably 25 text message. how is it possible that i still have this kind of battery life left?! has anyone else had such good results switching off TouchFlo and using SpbMS? could it be something else causing this awesome battery life?

I feel like i'm bragging, because in the past with my TP, i've always had to charge every 12 hours, if not even sooner. How the new phone is working is how a phone should work! I hope the battery stays like this.

I'm running completely stock ROM and everything else. i basically took it out of the box, turned off TF, and installed Spb. Awesome!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Re: awesome battery life

"Breaking news, HTC Touch Pro now shipping with tiny fusion reactor in place of battery. Battery life is estimated at 4 days"
Old 08-27-2009, 03:16 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

im flashed and dont get 12hrs with or without tf and now its better? im not buying it. 12hrs on one charge? really?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:17 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro254750 View Post
"Breaking news, HTC Touch Pro now shipping with tiny fusion reactor in place of battery. Battery life is estimated at 4 days"
lol, guess your with me.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:21 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
lmao

I always heard MS3 actually drained battery more
Old 08-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff

I get excellent life out of my phone compared to stock. Im running the latest silence wm6.5 rom. I have two batteries which i alternate weekly. At the end of the week, i let the phone run the battery completely dead, then i swap it out for the one thats been on a charging dock (with a 200 mah charger) all week long. With heavy use i get about 8 hours. With normal use (phone calls, texts, some data usage, and some gps usage) I get 12-18 depending on signal. regardless, i have to charge every night. 4 days on one charge? i never got battery life like that with my old motorolas, my fiance doesnt get that with her iphone unless she doesnt use it at all, i just cant buy it. its not possible with the battery that comes in the TP.

I have not been able to get power consumption below 75 mah average on my phone, which means with a stock 1340 mah battery i would get 17.8 hours before it drains the battery completely.

assuming youve gone 48 hours without charging, you would have to get your power consumption below 27 mah for the phone to still be on at this point. I dont think anybody can honestly say they have gotten it below 50 mah with the screen off and not using it at all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use Mobile shell also and yes, I can get about 2 days with moderate use before chargeing. I turned TFlo off after about 3 hours of having the phone. I hated that crap.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:32 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

More than 12hrs isn't believable guys. I'm not even sure you can get that on airplane mode and not touching it
Old 08-27-2009, 03:35 PM
etc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro

etc is a n00b

Quote:
I get excellent life out of my phone compared to stock. Im running the latest silence wm6.5 rom. I have two batteries which i alternate weekly. At the end of the week, i let the phone run the battery completely dead, then i swap it out for the one thats been on a charging dock (with a 200 mah charger) all week long. .

Not good to leave the battery constantly charging, or even on trickle charge IMO. Best to charge it to 4.2V and leave it alone.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc View Post
Not good to leave the battery constantly charging, or even on trickle charge IMO. Best to charge it to 4.2V and leave it alone.
the charger has an auto cutoff circuit so it shuts off when it reaches the proper voltage. I simply just leave it there until i need it, its not actually charging the entire time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro