PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro Dead=Touch Pro 2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82547)

kimogent 09-04-2009 09:07 AM

Touch Pro Dead=Touch Pro 2?

I just want to start this tread by saying before I get flamed that im not one of these how can I cheat the system guys. My TP has had the blob and a few minor problems for well over three months but I didnt see it as a big enough issue for Sprint to have to replace my phone. I had read a few posts online about the blob eventually messing up the screen but most people said it had zero effect on the function of the screen....guess what, it does. After three months my screen finally stopped working completely (no longer responds to touch but you can still view the screen). This really sucks for a number of reasons....texting, task manager to stop active sinc, start menu, and many others. My question is does anyone know if they are still giving out new TP replacements? Because if they are only refurbs I havent heard such great things about them online and might be better off biding my time to see if they will possibly upgrade me to a TP2. Let the flaming begin!:disgust:

xconwayx 09-04-2009 09:24 AM

Re: Touch Pro Dead=Touch Pro 2?

I essentially am in the same boat. I would love to upgrade to a TP2. I probably won't be able to. In your case I am sure they have plenty of Touch Pros lying around they wouldn't mind giving out!

Best advice let the Touch Pro 2 be available for awhile and then make the attempt.

MILH0U5E 09-04-2009 09:54 AM

My keyboard is failing and will soon just completely stop. So I called Sprint and tried to get it replaced. The rep informed me that he could swap it out for a refurb, and I've had a few bad experiences with those, so I asked what my other options were.
a. take the refurb cause 'they are good phones, sometimes even new'
b. take advantage of the opportunity to upgrade to a new phone and 'only' having to pay new customer rates.
c. place a claim through assurion, and the deductible 'may' be credited

So, if you think you can squeeze a TP2 out of them, think again. Each rep is different, I had a rep last night that told me the service center was the only option, that they were not doing phone exchanges (retentions).

I used the 'space bar' trick to get it back going, but I'm sure this is just a temporary fix. Probably will settle for a refurb, and then really complain when something on it fails.

one80oneday 09-04-2009 10:30 AM

I'm in the same boat as well. My kb stopped working a couple weeks ago, chipped chrome, and phone has been slowing down. I've been waiting for the tp2 to come out just for the chance of an upgrade when I take it to the sprint store. I've got my fingers crossed but won't hold my breath.

WTF 09-04-2009 11:09 AM

Tough times man. I plan to do something simillar but im on Verizon. Any Verizon Customers no if they will let you trade? I want that phone so badly...

kimogent 09-04-2009 11:14 AM

Im not trying to 100% get a TP2....I will take a new TP but Im just not sure if there are any out there. I dont wanna go thru the whole musical chairs refurbished phone thing!!!:angry7:

MILH0U5E 09-04-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimogent (Post 1140033)
Im not trying to 100% get a TP2....I will take a new TP but Im just not sure if there are any out there. I dont wanna go thru the whole musical chairs refurbished phone thing!!!:angry7:

I'm right there with you... I just want a new TP, since this one (my 3rd is just 2 months old). When I talked to Assurion, the rep was unclear why retentions would put a customer on hold for so long, then ask for a claim to be processed on a phone defect. I will say the rep was cool, she offered me a HTC Snap at no charge... but that's a huge step backwards from the TP.

I'm gonna go to the store today, and see if they can replace the keyboard. It's not working again so the 'pushing on the space bar' trick is not a cure all.

leylomo 09-04-2009 01:17 PM

just got my first replacement today.. and cosmetic wise.. its worse than my original but everything works

neoshi 09-04-2009 01:23 PM

haha after the TP, i'm not sure i'd even want a TP2 or any other HTC product for that matter.

i too have the blob
i replace my keyboard at the service center every 2 months
phone is slow too.. going to have to try a ROM soon at this rate.

rose1 09-04-2009 01:27 PM

I just got my replacement touch pro this past Monday and it was brand spankin new. Manufacturers date is 7/30/2009. 0 calls/ 0 life timer 0 data for tx and rx. Refurbishment status= no