PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro Dead=Touch Pro 2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82547)

boredandtattooed 09-04-2009 01:51 PM

Re: Touch Pro Dead=Touch Pro 2?

theres alot of people on here that have been getting great refurbs lately... i for one got one a few weeks ago and its great

takimaki 09-04-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1140395)
theres alot of people on here that have been getting great refurbs lately... i for one got one a few weeks ago and its great

Yeah I got one two weeks ago that looked brand new and worked great...until this morning when the keyboard decided to succumb to HTC's design flaw and not work anymore. AGAIN.

While Sprint/HTC should be owning up to this DEFECT, we have no idea if the TP2 is any better. It could have the same exact keyboard and ribbon design flaws as the first phone.

leylomo 09-04-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose1 (Post 1140354)
I just got my replacement touch pro this past Monday and it was brand spankin new. Manufacturers date is 7/30/2009. 0 calls/ 0 life timer 0 data for tx and rx. Refurbishment status= no

lucky you

kimogent 09-04-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1140395)

good information...i hit the thanks=D>

iviyth0s 09-04-2009 05:00 PM

I'd say get the refurb...to anyone. I mean if HTC/Sprint/Asurion wants to keep churning out TP's then let them. Eventually they'll get fed up with it and trash the whole phone for TP2's :D. (or when they run out of Touch Pro's)

crazaytalent 09-04-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iviyth0s (Post 1140854)
I'd say get the refurb...to anyone. I mean if HTC/Sprint/Asurion wants to keep churning out TP's then let them. Eventually they'll get fed up with it and trash the whole phone for TP2's :D. (or when they run out of Touch Pro's)

agreed also... the more replacements you go through, the better footing youll have to reason w/ them at a later time fo an upgrade to a newer model... like ppl did w/ the moguls, before there started swapin them out like candy...

Once you go through a few replacements, when ur ready to argu w/ retention it all will show on your account and youll be more likly to get swaped out for something better cuz theyll see your claims as legitimate... but if u never had a replacement and all of a sudden demand an upgread, ull just get a refurbished... or maybe even a new one if the tp2 are out and the tp's are no longer selling...

99accordv6 09-04-2009 07:20 PM

Keep dreaming you guys.

Sounds like insurance fraud to me :D

nutymez 09-04-2009 07:38 PM

My keyboard hasnt worked in like 4 months... havent had time to go up to the Sprint store...

LunaticSerenade 09-04-2009 09:53 PM

I'm inclined to agree that you should go for the refurb. More replacements gets you more ground to legitimately request an upgrade.

I'm on Verizon, and you wouldn't believe the fights I've had to go through to get my phones swapped/upgraded....or maybe you would lol.

To date, I have not had any hardware issues with my TP (knock on wood...I think), and only self caused software issues, so we'll see what happens.

The TP2 will have to be out a while before they would be willing to upgrade to it too, and I know with Verizon they will probably charge you a fee of some kind, although you can usually talk them down a bit.

I'm also really stubborn lol. Blame my father.

Kliptik 09-04-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTF (Post 1140019)
Tough times man. I plan to do something simillar but im on Verizon. Any Verizon Customers no if they will let you trade? I want that phone so badly...

No way with it being that new. You'd have to wait at least a few months before they'd give you a second thought about upgrading.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunaticSerenade (Post 1141377)
I'm inclined to agree that you should go for the refurb. More replacements gets you more ground to legitimately request an upgrade.

I went through this same deal. Had a XV6900 (Verizon, bought it last April) and when I bought it they told me that it couldn't GPS amongst many other features, BUT that an update would be out "soon" that would enable ALL of the features I was looking for... that's what I get for listening to a sales rep...

So they finally released the upgrade in like Nov/Dec... The first time I tried to run the upgrade, bricked my phone... Got a refurb... It already had the update, but it was sooooooo sssssllllloooooowwwww... Got another refurb... same issue... got a brand new one. they said to run the upgrade. Ran successfully, but then had all kinds of wacko crap happening... Got another refurb... All of this happened between January and March...

So I called and asked if I could upgrade to a TP. First guy said not happening. Now here's the trick I've found with Verizon. If you ask certain things, then they're willing to work with you. for example: called and talked to tech support. He told me all he could do was send me another refurb. THEN he went on to explain that if I ask for a supervisor he HAS to trnasfer me to a supervisor. he explained that he couldnt suggest that i talk to a supervisor, but if i asked he HAD to transfer me. SO i asked for a supervisor (i can take a hint). The supervisor said they could replace it w/a TP, BUT i'd have to pay the difference in the full retail value from the old phone to the TP. I asked him if he could halves it w/me as the XV6900 never performed as promised... No can do... So then i ask if I pay the difference, can i have a credit on my bill equal to half? The response... "Why I'd LOVE to do that for you!"

So yes, the more replacements you've had, the better odds of upgrading. But don't be trying to get something for nothing. This is America and we're the biggest free market capitalism powerhouse of the world!!! Let's not undermine by trying to pull one over on businesses.