PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx
MetaTrader4 freezes my TP

have anyone tried using metatrader on their TP? any sucess? mine froze 3/3 times on stock sprint rom.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:51 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: MetaTrader4 freezes my TP

what is that, maybe ill give it a shot for ya... im an a custom rom though
Old 08-26-2009, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

its a currency exchange (forex) software

https://www.myfx.pro/dwn/fxpro4mobilesetup.cab
Old 08-26-2009, 04:06 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

tested...

now what where would it freeze???

the cab installed fine... and the app opened no problem.... im at an open an account screen in the app(first page) now.... did u make it that far????

il go try it on my stock TP now too, while im waiting for your replies

**edit** running on stock rom just fine as well... just hit cancel on the first 2 screens, and it loaded what im guess is the current up and down for exchange rates

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-26-2009 at 04:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell

cruiser78 is becoming a great contributor

well that's cool to see another trader in here...I had that same problem for the longest time. MT4 mobile would install and load up fine but once I put in my login details, it would try and update the platform from 199 to 225 and freeze during the update process... is this what's happening to you? My broker recently upgraded to 226 and last week when I tried running it again, it downloaded and installed the update and didn't freeze. I've been running it the past week with no problems. I'm using EnergyRom from Aug. 11. At first I thought it was maybe an issue with WM 6.5 so that's interesting to hear that it did the same thing on a stock rom with 6.1.
I don't really have any answers for you other than keep trying and hope your broker upgrades to 226 soon if they haven't already as that's the only difference I saw from when it froze to when it worked.
Are you live or just demo right now? If you are just demo, try out www.fxcbs.com and download there mobile platform and open a demo account and see if it will work for you.
What kind of spreads do you see with MyFX? With FXCBS I've got really good spreads although there is commission of .8 pip/round turn lot traded but even with that they've got really low spreads compared to a lot of other brokers. On the EUR/CAD pair with Forex.com (where I had my demo account... their MT4 Mobile froze too), I would rarely see a spread below 10 pips... with FXCBS, 10 pips is on the high side for the same pair and usually see around 4 or 5... sometimes 3. I just got my live account funded last week Tues. and I'm up 136% on closed trades and another 11% on my closed profit + initial balance in open trades atm! My minimum target is an average of 5%/day but so far I've blown that out of the water!

Edit: here's a link to d/l MT4 mobile from FXCBS http://www.fxcbs.com/software/fg4mobilesetup.cab
also really wanting Bell to hurry up and get the TP2 as the bigger screen would be a lot nicer for looing at the charts when I'm away from my PC.

Last edited by cruiser78; 08-26-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser78 View Post
well that's cool to see another trader in here...I had that same problem for the longest time. MT4 mobile would install and load up fine but once I put in my login details, it would try and update the platform from 199 to 225 and freeze during the update process... is this what's happening to you? My broker recently upgraded to 226 and last week when I tried running it again, it downloaded and installed the update and didn't freeze. I've been running it the past week with no problems. I'm using EnergyRom from Aug. 11. At first I thought it was maybe an issue with WM 6.5 so that's interesting to hear that it did the same thing on a stock rom with 6.1.
I don't really have any answers for you other than keep trying and hope your broker upgrades to 226 soon if they haven't already as that's the only difference I saw from when it froze to when it worked.
Are you live or just demo right now? If you are just demo, try out www.fxcbs.com and download there mobile platform and open a demo account and see if it will work for you.
What kind of spreads do you see with MyFX? With FXCBS I've got really good spreads although there is commission of .8 pip/round turn lot traded but even with that they've got really low spreads compared to a lot of other brokers. On the EUR/CAD pair with Forex.com (where I had my demo account... their MT4 Mobile froze too), I would rarely see a spread below 10 pips... with FXCBS, 10 pips is on the high side for the same pair and usually see around 4 or 5... sometimes 3. I just got my live account funded last week Tues. and I'm up 136% on closed trades and another 11% on my closed profit + initial balance in open trades atm! My minimum target is an average of 5%/day but so far I've blown that out of the water!

yea, it appears that the mt mobile from my broker is build 224, whereas the latest build is 226. when i login and it attempts to do the live update, it freezes.

i usually trade eur/usd with only .8 to 1.5 pip spread usually. other times i trade gpy/jpy where theres alot of volatility. spreads are usually around 7 give or take. congrats on your winning trades and account growth. with much respect, i hope you are using proper money management and not over leveraging. i always tend to get greedy and end up blowing my account.

edit: thanks for the download link. trying it now.

Last edited by xunknownx; 08-26-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xunknownx View Post
yea, it appears that the mt mobile from my broker is build 224, whereas the latest build is 226. when i login and it attempts to do the live update, it freezes.

i usually trade eur/usd with only .8 to 1.5 pip spread usually. other times i trade gpy/jpy where theres alot of volatility. spreads are usually around 7 give or take. congrats on your winning trades and account growth. with much respect, i hope you are using proper money management and not over leveraging. i always tend to get greedy and end up blowing my account.

edit: thanks for the download link. trying it now.
I would say that is likely the problem then as I seem to remember when I first tried to install MT4 mobile, it was trying to update to 223 or 224 as well with the broker I was running a demo account with at the time. Hope you can get it working as it is so handy.

I've been mainly focusing on gbp/jpy along with eur/jpy and usd/jpy on the side as they tend to move together a lot of the time. (Although that hasn't been true today.) Right now my spread on g/j is 1.2 pips. On Sunday I night I found a good thread on forexfactory.com that is about g/j analysis. I've found it quite beneficial so far this week. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...582&page=12789 It's quite an old, long thread (started in 2007) but it's still quite active so you may as well just go to the last page. They probably add about 20-30 pages/day of discussion. I am only risking a small percentage/trade and trying to use good money management. I don't want to lose my whole account. So far since last week Tues, I'm up 2300 pips... looking to close my currently open trades today for probably another 500 or so.

Last edited by cruiser78; 08-26-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser78 View Post
I've been mainly focusing on gbp/jpy along with eur/jpy and usd/jpy on the side as they tend to move together a lot of the time. Right now my spread on g/j is 1.2 pips. On Sunday I night I found a good thread on forexfactory.com that is about g/j analysis. I've found it quite beneficial so far this week. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...582&page=12789 It's quite an old, long thread (started in 2007) but it's still quite active so you may as well just go to the last page. They probably add about 20-30 pages/day of discussion. I am only risking a small percentage/trade and trying to use good money management. I don't want to lose my whole account. So far since last week Tues, I'm up 2300 pips... looking to close my currently open trades today for probably another 500 or so.
very nice. i visit that thread regulary as well as the eur/usd thread.
on a side note, i cant seem to login to the fxcbs client. when creating the account, its not able to find any servers
Old 08-26-2009, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hmmm.... that's weird... I don't think I've actually tried to create a demo account from the mobile platform and can't recall if I have tried logging in with my demo account once it was up and running.
I'll try logging in with my current demo account... I'll post back in a couple minutes.

That's cool that you read that thread too... small world eh?
Old 08-26-2009, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well I just tried my demo account it logged in right aways. I selected the demo server and when I went to log back into my live account, it had server1 selected instead of the demo server. My live account has server2 selected. You might want to try creating a demo account from the PC platform and then entering the log in details in the mobile platform. Here's the direct d/l for the PC platform. http://www.metaquotes.net/files/fien...p/fg4setup.exe

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro