View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 04:32 PM
xunknownx
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx
Re: MetaTrader4 freezes my TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser78 View Post
well that's cool to see another trader in here...I had that same problem for the longest time. MT4 mobile would install and load up fine but once I put in my login details, it would try and update the platform from 199 to 225 and freeze during the update process... is this what's happening to you? My broker recently upgraded to 226 and last week when I tried running it again, it downloaded and installed the update and didn't freeze. I've been running it the past week with no problems. I'm using EnergyRom from Aug. 11. At first I thought it was maybe an issue with WM 6.5 so that's interesting to hear that it did the same thing on a stock rom with 6.1.
I don't really have any answers for you other than keep trying and hope your broker upgrades to 226 soon if they haven't already as that's the only difference I saw from when it froze to when it worked.
Are you live or just demo right now? If you are just demo, try out www.fxcbs.com and download there mobile platform and open a demo account and see if it will work for you.
What kind of spreads do you see with MyFX? With FXCBS I've got really good spreads although there is commission of .8 pip/round turn lot traded but even with that they've got really low spreads compared to a lot of other brokers. On the EUR/CAD pair with Forex.com (where I had my demo account... their MT4 Mobile froze too), I would rarely see a spread below 10 pips... with FXCBS, 10 pips is on the high side for the same pair and usually see around 4 or 5... sometimes 3. I just got my live account funded last week Tues. and I'm up 136% on closed trades and another 11% on my closed profit + initial balance in open trades atm! My minimum target is an average of 5%/day but so far I've blown that out of the water!

yea, it appears that the mt mobile from my broker is build 224, whereas the latest build is 226. when i login and it attempts to do the live update, it freezes.

i usually trade eur/usd with only .8 to 1.5 pip spread usually. other times i trade gpy/jpy where theres alot of volatility. spreads are usually around 7 give or take. congrats on your winning trades and account growth. with much respect, i hope you are using proper money management and not over leveraging. i always tend to get greedy and end up blowing my account.

edit: thanks for the download link. trying it now.

Last edited by xunknownx; 08-26-2009 at 04:37 PM.