PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO Swift
Carrier: Sprint

Bradleyj44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bradleyj44
My Screen is getting "Choppy" all the time

I had recently tried a different Font which i did not like and reverted back to the original TF3D and systen font by uninstalling. Ever since i tried to windows back to normal now i have problems with my screen becoming choppy and not "flowing" through TF3D; has anyone else had any other problems like this?
It also occurs when using Opera on any website and TCPMP, in TCPMP the audio is fine the screen just becomes choppy as the main today screen does...
I'm scared guys!!!!! give me any recommendations

[b]
Old 08-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: My Screen is getting "Choppy" all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyj44 View Post
I had recently tried a different Font which i did not like and reverted back to the original TF3D and systen font by uninstalling. Ever since i tried to windows back to normal now i have problems with my screen becoming choppy and not "flowing" through TF3D; has anyone else had any other problems like this?
It also occurs when using Opera on any website and TCPMP, in TCPMP the audio is fine the screen just becomes choppy as the main today screen does...
I'm scared guys!!!!! give me any recommendations

[b]
Try advanced config http://www.touchxperience.com/downlo..._Tool_v3.3.cab and set everything to the recomended settings. Also you could try the ATI video drivers for the Touch pro posted on this forum. Worked to make my phone scrolling smoother.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1226415785 ATI driver... need to regsiter at XDA Forum to download http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=357

Failign that backup everything with pimbackup and either SPB Backup or Sprite backup and hard reset.

Last edited by nmhusa; 08-26-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thank you for the quick response, i'm going to try the advance tool now
This looks like a virus issue to me has anyone had anything like that on the TouchPro yet?
I remember a big virus scare over on pdaphonehome back in my 6700 days but i've never heard of anything
Old 08-26-2009, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OK neither one of those worked, seems like the vid player may be what is causing the issue, uninstalled and reinstalled TCPMP and still have the same problem. Still getting problems on my home screen
Old 08-27-2009, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Any other suggestions beofre i hard reset?????
Old 08-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

onmyway is a n00b

I believe you have the same problem that I had with my Touch Pro. The screen went haywire and although the phone worked, it was unacceptable to not be able to see the screen display correctly. I found a specific thread here on PPCGeeks about the problem being caused by the flex cable... I tried searching for it but I couldn't the right one. Anyways, I sent the phone in and got it replaced. I think the flex cable may be damaged or out of place or something...
Hope this helps!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell

the92playboy is just getting started

Yep, I am having the same problem. I have tried many software-side fixes (removing progs, changing progs, full hard reset, flashing stock rom back on) but all have failed. I don't think it's cable related (I believe the poster above is referring to the cable from the screen to the motherboard) but I think it's the actual video chip/driver that is not working properly, and I think it's probably related to getting too hot at some point. Anyways, I am waiting on a replacement right now (going on 4 weeks of waiting).
Old 08-27-2009, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the92playboy View Post
Yep, I am having the same problem. I have tried many software-side fixes (removing progs, changing progs, full hard reset, flashing stock rom back on) but all have failed. I don't think it's cable related (I believe the poster above is referring to the cable from the screen to the motherboard) but I think it's the actual video chip/driver that is not working properly, and I think it's probably related to getting too hot at some point. Anyways, I am waiting on a replacement right now (going on 4 weeks of waiting).
Yea i'm going to have to breakdown and do the same thing because I did the hard reset and am now back to an "out of the box" TP with the same screen issues
Old 08-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the92playboy View Post
4 weeks? Both times i had to get my TP fixed or replaced, i dropped it off at the store one morning, and picked it up the next day.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
4 weeks? Both times i had to get my TP fixed or replaced, i dropped it off at the store one morning, and picked it up the next day.
does anyone have the web address we used for the 6700 replacements? i do not use Asurion i do it right through sprint and want to go the same route

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro