PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 04:16 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Charging the phone

oem battery is 1340mah (milli-amp hours) so if your using the oem charger (~900mah) it should take about 1.5 hrs for charge.. if your using another charger or usb without no2chem's driver (~500mah) it would take closer to 3 hrs.
now if the phone is on and running gps/data/ect.. it is using juice too so that would reduce the charge current and increase the time.
another problem could be that your phone is confused as to what "full" is. to correct drain it completely (0%) till it completely powers down. then fully charge.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

well ive found that if u power the phone off then plug it to the charger you can get a fully charged battery in roughly 20 to 30 minutes
Old 08-24-2009, 07:36 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
well ive found that if u power the phone off then plug it to the charger you can get a fully charged battery in roughly 20 to 30 minutes
wrong. unless the battery was not dead. math doesn't lie.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:22 PM
VIP Member

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
wrong. unless the battery was not dead. math doesn't lie.
1 bar of battery left or dead battery if i turn my verizon touch pro completely off or let the battery die and leave it powered off 20 to 30 mins (maybe even 45 mins at the most) will have me at 80-100% battery life i did this friday and early today at work

might be different between verizon and sprint tp's but i know for a fact it works on mines
Old 08-24-2009, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
his mogul charger should work fine, i have onr of those left over and i get the best charging off that one...

it takes hr and a half/2hrs max to charge any of my TPs from completely died....

something has to be wrong with his battery....

also, i havent used it yet, but heard about it and its in the ROM im running, but nuerom has the "fastcharge" or whatever for better usb charging from a comp....can try that out as well

Here is the link to find that program from nuerom:
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pag...ueBattery.aspx
Old 08-24-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 1
Carrier: Cricket

915_tuscani is becoming a great contributor

i myself am a city driver delivering to businesses and residentials, and i use my TP alote to call my dispatch for more deliveries and sometimes my phone drains to the 40's-50's and once i use the car charger, then i look at the phone in about 20-30min the phone is fully charged. so for me i perfure the car charger during the day then the wall charger
Old 08-24-2009, 11:04 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 915_tuscani View Post
i myself am a city driver delivering to businesses and residentials, and i use my TP alote to call my dispatch for more deliveries and sometimes my phone drains to the 40's-50's and once i use the car charger, then i look at the phone in about 20-30min the phone is fully charged. so for me i perfure the car charger during the day then the wall charger
my point exactly i have a car charger as well and whether i use the car or regular charger 20 to 30 mins gets me roughly a full charge especially if its powered off before charging
Old 08-25-2009, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G!!!

mikldom is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to mikldom Send a message via Skype™ to mikldom
I think it is dependent on the device supplying Power

I think that most PC's give 500 ma (milliamps) max at the usb.

The Stock charger is 900 ma.

Aftermarket chargers, car and home are a mixed bag. I have a plug in charger with usb that only puts out 100 ma.. and that thing is useless, unless you turn your phone off.

I have another that puts out 500 ma and that is ok..

The stock plug in is best, obviously, but...

I have a Car Charger for my TomTom and that thing puts out 2000 ma.. and it will charge my TP from Dead in about 30 minutes, off or on....

I guess it just depends on what you have it hooked up too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro