PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333
E in the taskbar?

Does anyone know what the E in a box in the taskbar means?

I know what the 1x, Ev and rA stand for, but just today, I noticed a letter E in a box in the taskbar, and was wondering if anyone here knew what it stood for. I've attached a pic of the "E" my phone has been showing.

Thanks,
-Keir-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot9.jpg (9.4 KB, 35 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: E in the taskbar?

E is for Edge (GSM Terminology)
Old 08-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keir333 View Post
Does anyone know what the E in a box in the taskbar means?

I know what the 1x, Ev and rA stand for, but just today, I noticed a letter E in a box in the taskbar, and was wondering if anyone here knew what it stood for. I've attached a pic of the "E" my phone has been showing.

Thanks,
-Keir-
Did you change ROMs or taskbars recently? As an Alltel user, that's an icon you can expect to see a lot if you're using a ROM/Taskbar that does not have an rA icon when you are in rA coverage.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
E is for Edge (GSM Terminology)
Yeah, I did a little looking around and that's what I figured it stood for, but being I'm Alltel(CDMA) I didn't understand why it was on my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
Did you change ROMs or taskbars recently? As an Alltel user, that's an icon you can expect to see a lot if you're using a ROM/Taskbar that does not have an rA icon when you are in rA coverage.
I haven't changed ROMs or Taskbars, but I did install a different version of Arcsoft earlier. That's probably what brought about the change in symbols.

Having the E on there doesn't really bother me, I'm just wondering, does the E mean I am getting rA coverage? I still will see it change between a 1x and Ev symbol from time to time, but the rA icon seems to be gone and now the "E" is there.

Is there a reg edit or something to change the "E" back to "rA"

-Keir-
Old 08-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keir333 View Post
Having the E on there doesn't really bother me, I'm just wondering, does the E mean I am getting rA coverage? I still will see it change between a 1x and Ev symbol from time to time, but the rA icon seems to be gone and now the "E" is there.
Yes, you're still getting rA coverage. After booting, sending a text, or making a call, it goes from 1x to EV to rA in sequence, so since you're not showing the correct icon you should be seeing it go from 1x, to EV, to "E" in sequence.

Quote:
Is there a reg edit or something to change the "E" back to "rA"

-Keir-
Yes, kinda. It depends on what the Arcsoft program actually did. Check HKLM\System\OEM_STATE\RSSI and verify that the key "show_rev_A_icon" is there with a DWORD value of 1; if not, create it and reboot. If the program replaced a .dll, however, you'll need to track down one of the cabs around here that forces an rA icon (or revert to your stock configuration).

Good luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the help, Rourke

-Keir-

Last edited by Keir333; 08-21-2009 at 12:00 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro