PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rekphiv is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: crap i scratched my screen!

The crazy gfs give the best s3x though. I know it sounds crazy.... but brasso works AMAZING. Its a polish you can get at almost any store, comes in a little metal can. put some on a paper towel or polishing cloth, then have the phone with the screen face DOWN with the towel in your hand and buff out the scratch. Brasso actually starts to melt the surface of the top screen ever so slightly and it fills in the scratch without messing up your screen. After you polish it forever, let it dry, remove the dry buildup with a wet down and repeat till it looks perfect
Old 08-19-2009, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SRX8o7 is keeping up the good workSRX8o7 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to SRX8o7 Send a message via MSN to SRX8o7

Yeaaa uhh...the very FIRST thing I did with my phone was put a screen protector on it..but I never threatened to throw something at my bf..
Sorry to hear that tho lol
I also bought a hard case off Amazon this is what I got:

http://www.amazon.com/Transparent-Cr...0698973&sr=8-6

great deal and they work perfectly

Old 08-19-2009, 01:51 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRX8o7 View Post
Yeaaa uhh...the very FIRST thing I did with my phone was put a screen protector on it..but I never threatened to throw something at my bf..
Sorry to hear that tho lol
I also bought a hard case off Amazon this is what I got:

http://www.amazon.com/Transparent-Cr...0698973&sr=8-6

great deal and they work perfectly
Never say never

How thick is that case?

Old 08-19-2009, 03:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

amongthechosenX is just getting started

i went on best skins ever.com and bought a full body protector to apply.

hopefully the glue like formula makes the scratch a little less deep. i will try applesauce as well.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc EVO 4G

redex777 is just getting started

Just hoping that this in-depth response by the Merlin's Table employee is actually applicable to resistive touch screens, as all of Apple products use Capacitance for touch sensing (shown in the picture in tsowen's post.

I just scanned through that HTC Fuze thread and I didn't see anyone that actually used the Merlin's Table product. On its website I did notice that their main market was CD's, DVD's, Apple products (aka Capacitive screens).

It would stand to reason that a completely different (and/or non-existent) "factory coating" would be used on a device that is made to flex and bend with presses on the screen, rather than the protective layers on the fragile glass screen of the iPods and iPhones.

Also like to mention that the Merlin's Table website seems very outdated, with "Copyright 2007" at the bottom, a broken youtube video demo, and the sites they claim sell their product (ebay.ca, ebgames.ca, and clubstore.ca) have no results when searched. Also, it appears to be based in Canada.

Be careful with "Screen Repair" products, especially of the "INSTANT" and "MIRACLE" variety.

Last edited by redex777; 08-20-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:04 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
this is why they come with a screen protector....
+1, i use screen protector on all of my devices.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
this is why they come with a screen protector....

sadly mine did not lol tioafksjfdskaj; sprint
Old 08-20-2009, 05:30 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
sadly mine did not lol tioafksjfdskaj; sprint
Yeah that is sad.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bigirb2002 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bigirb2002 Send a message via Yahoo to bigirb2002

[QUOTE=rekphiv;1110126]The crazy gfs give the best s3x though.QUOTE]

you hit the nail on the head lol
Old 08-21-2009, 04:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I used the Applesauce product on my original Touch and it actually made the problem worse. I think it's designed for capacitive screens. I had a filmy/scratched look wherever I used their product on the screen. I would stay away from it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro