PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

OhioJoe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to OhioJoe Send a message via AIM to OhioJoe
No forum search feature here on PPCGeeks?

I *know* I must be missing the search feature and that it must be staring me in the face, but can't find it. Might be my browser, but doesn't seem so. Is there a way to search the forums? I am trying to find a thread I stumbled on earlier. As well, want to start another thread but want to see if the topic is already covered in another thread. But again, don't see it anywhere in the main forum pages or other pages. Any ideas?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: No forum search feature here on PPCGeeks?

right below the pics of the phones, there are options...3rd from the right is search.

Welcome. Search...whenever you find it. lol

here is a link to the advanced search feature:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/search.php

Last edited by jason25; 08-17-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

also a search on the upper right hand corner where the post start.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

Take this link with a grain of salt when you click it, it's just for fun!
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tf3d2+themes+site%3Appcgeeks.com

Ok, now I'll be serious. Just as a tip, sometimes I can't find things on this site when I use the built in search feature, so I use google to search it. Sometimes it's because your search term has to have words with a minimum of 3 letters. So searching for "Sprint TV" is difficult because you can't search the word "TV".

So go to google, type in your search term and put this after it. site: ppcgeeks.com
Just don't put the space between the : and the ppcgeeks.com The only reason I typed it with the space is so the : and the first P in the site name didn't make one of these.

Hope that helps you find all the cool stuff on here!

Last edited by veedubguru; 08-17-2009 at 09:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:46 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

clicked advanced search and you can highlight one or multiple forums to search in...

also, "titles only" makes your searches easier as well...

plus like they said, look under the page numbers in a given thread "search this thread" is right there too.. same as forum pages.. top right coner just above the view and post counts
Old 08-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Here's an ironic twist. You can use your browser's search function to find the word "search" on the page. It's the first one you come across.

For the newsradio fans...(Bill: "Using the search function to find the search function. Delicious.")
Old 08-18-2009, 02:22 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
Here's an ironic twist. You can use your browser's search function to find the word "search" on the page. It's the first one you come across.

For the newsradio fans...(Bill: "Using the search function to find the search function. Delicious.")
This only works with IE.

In Firefox, if you're scrolled down below the Search link it will find anything else on the page that has search in it prior to going to the beginning of the page.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Try my custom search engine here: http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=01...yyqz72fk&hl=en
This will search both PPcgeeks and XDA only.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
This only works with IE.

In Firefox, if you're scrolled down below the Search link it will find anything else on the page that has search in it prior to going to the beginning of the page.
True; the solution is to just scroll to the top of the page and start your search there. That's what I did.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Issue resolved.. Thread closed based on these grounds..
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
search