PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 02:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

DumbDumb is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tethering problem

Ok so.. I installed a custom Rom that had the tethering option(internet sharing) and it would never let me connect, So i down loaded another program in cab that was supposed to do the same thing.
Well it worked sorta.. Device and comp say it connects but no internet on my comp?
I have been able to load up Google threw fire fox for a split second then nothing after that(if i search or put in a different address it doesnt load.. and i go back to the offline connection error page..)
Any body have this problem? and know how to fix it?
1. I'm on metropcs
2. Ive installed 2 programs that let me sync up to my comp.
3. could it be the multiple programs?
4.my touch pro is the sprint version with a verizon radio.

Thanks in advance and yes i have searched before posting.
(thanks to my homie ray for letting me use his air card to try and fix this problem!!!)
Hurray for him going camping!

Last edited by DumbDumb; 08-16-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Tethering problem

I'm extremely new to all of this. That said I have a Verizon touch pro on their network. I flashed mightyrom6 and installed this (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47075). I am able to tether through USB without any issues. I'm running XP SP2 with ActiveSync 4.5 on a Asus 901 netbook.

I've also had no issues using the wifi router cab (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...99#post1048499).

So Im not sure if it is your rom. If you install mightyrom6 and still have issues it is your network.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluruld View Post
I'm extremely new to all of this. That said I have a Verizon touch pro on their network. I flashed mightyrom6 and installed this (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47075). I am able to tether through USB without any issues. I'm running XP SP2 with ActiveSync 4.5 on a Asus 901 netbook.

I've also had no issues using the wifi router cab (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...99#post1048499).

So Im not sure if it is your rom. If you install mightyrom6 and still have issues it is your network.
Thanks for the reply. Im new to (semi) but what im wondering is this.. when you are conected via tethering.. how do you acsess the web? just start you browser?
Also are you on Verizons net work? or metropcs?
if any body on metropcs is using this tethering and it works please let me know how you set it up thanks.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:10 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

seems like a losing battle...vzw radio, sprint phone, metro services....im sure itll get sorted out thoughdont u need a ROM for metro to get everything running right??
Old 08-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
seems like a losing battle...vzw radio, sprint phone, metro services....im sure itll get sorted out thoughdont u need a rom for metro to get everything running right??
ok care to point me in the direction of a metropcs rom? Lol
Old 08-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Ok well also if some one has a step by step guide to tethering made simple please post it or pm with it.
Also when conected i have tried useing the hayes compatible modem setting for com 1 off the phone and it reverts back to the old pass word as soon as you connect.

So im looking for a stable unbranded rom.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

ok i'll give a shot

Connect your phone to your pc using activesync just like you were going to sync your phone. Once everything is synced go to "Internet Sharing" on your phone. Select USB and phone as a modem, click connect. Now here the most important part:

I'm on vista so its gonna be a little different here I assume your on XP. Some how on XP I can't remember how but you need to get to setup a dial up connection. See link below.. Dial up number is #777 user name and password should be blank. Then you should be able to click connect. It should act like a dial up modem and connect to the internet.

Look here for setting up a dial up connection:
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/connec...p_scratch.html

If your using Vista let me know and I can give you more exact directions. Hope this helps..

I'm on Sprint using the verizon radio thats not a problem.

Last edited by zone23; 08-18-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
ok i'll give a shot

Connect your phone to your pc using activesync just like you were going to sync your phone. Once everything is synced go to "Internet Sharing" on your phone. Select USB and phone as a modem, click connect. Now here the most important part:

I'm on vista so its gonna be a little different here I assume your on XP. Some how on XP I can't remember how but you need to get to setup a dial up connection. See link below.. Dial up number is #777 user name and password should be blank. Then you should be able to click connect. It should act like a dial up modem and connect to the internet.

Look here for setting up a dial up connection:
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/connec...p_scratch.html

If your using Vista let me know and I can give you more exact directions. Hope this helps..

I'm on Sprint using the verizon radio thats not a problem.
Hey thanks for the responce!
but i still cant get it working.. i followed your instructions to a T!
But this is the place where i had aq problem with your instructions/
(
Connect your phone to your pc using activesync just like you were going to sync your phone. Once everything is synced go to "Internet Sharing" on your phone. Select USB and phone as a modem, click connect. Now here the most important part
I start it up on active sync then i went to internet sharing..and it stops active sync.. so i tried phone as modem (hayes compatible on com 1) and the phone says the remote host has ended the connection.
im completely stumped..
im starting to think its because im running a sprint based custom rom on my touch pro..
Is there any roms that are not conected to sprint , verizon and such? and does any body else have any ideas?
Old 08-20-2009, 06:23 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

This info might be off the subject, but if you cant connect using the internet sharing option will you like to try to connect to internet using your device as a wifi router? thats another way.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro