PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 12:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Which is faster? WM6.1 OR WM6.5?

I think 6.5 has better battery life. It has built-in CPU clock throttling which obsoletes nueDynamicClockControl.

my 2 cents
Old 08-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

I have been back and forth and sworn off of both for various reasons periodically... I have been on 6.5 for the past couple months and won't ever go back at this point... I am using a 6.5 ROM that is super fast, MUCH better on battery than any of multiple 6.1 ROMs that I tried, much better graphical interface, and much easier to use with fingers vs Stylus...the only thing that is a minor nag about 6.5 is the fact that it's hard to do a custom program layout without XDA tweaks, but with a little effort, the 6.5 ROM I am using now is nearly perfect...
Old 08-12-2009, 06:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kre8ve is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to kre8ve

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
I have been back and forth and sworn off of both for various reasons periodically... I have been on 6.5 for the past couple months and won't ever go back at this point... I am using a 6.5 ROM that is super fast, MUCH better on battery than any of multiple 6.1 ROMs that I tried, much better graphical interface, and much easier to use with fingers vs Stylus...the only thing that is a minor nag about 6.5 is the fact that it's hard to do a custom program layout without XDA tweaks, but with a little effort, the 6.5 ROM I am using now is nearly perfect...

Would you mind sharing the rom you are using??
Old 08-12-2009, 06:29 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

I think they run about the same...I just don't use 6.5 because I'm not ready to make the jump to the new(ish) interface.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have only noticed a speed difference when opening soft-key menus and pressing and holding on a file in the file explorer, email, text, etc. 6.1 seems to perform all these tasks slightly faster which makes sense because the graphics are smaller in 6.1 so it can draw it more quickly. Otherwise, speed seems about the same. 6.5 seems to have slightly improved battery life and greatly improved usability. I refuse to go back to 6.1 after using 6.5

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro