PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 (my precious)
Carrier: VZ

vick2080 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing from an SD Card

I read all the instructions and was able to flash jsut fine from my SD card.
now for some reason, i cant. i have the RAPHIMG.nbh file under the root of the card.i have the phone unlocked, i flashed a stock ROM to see if that could clear it up, but didnt work.
i can flash ROM's through active sync just fine. the reason for the SD card is i have a Mac. i cant flash through VMWare as when the phone enters the boot loader it looses connection to the system
please help
THanks
Old 08-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: metro pcs

papidj is just getting started
Re: Flashing from an SD Card

well, i just recently read something about your problem at this tread : http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...vesync+problem

But i can tell you, maybe your sd card needs to be formated to fat32 (make sure it is), somethimes sd cards get corrupted. Also i learn that touch pro somethimes can't read huge sd cards, try a small one.

I was having connection problems whith my pc (windows xp), but just in this moment i succesfully recover my almost bricked phone from the eternal loading screen. I learn also, when you flash a non stock rom at your phone, will cause some problems.

I was getting this bootloader screen (after i flashed a non stock rom in my phone and tryed to relock with no success because disconection problem with activesync):

RAPH800
SLP-0.37.0000
MicroP-Hermann(LED) V0c85
MicroP-Hermann(Key) v0685
PSOC-Raph STAGE-EVT v20

Upgrade ROM code error
please try again

but somewhere in this forum also read this: tricolor screen=no brick, still can recover.

you should get your stock roms from here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741 (i found mine there)

read about extraction and use of this stocks roms using a sd card there http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...vesync+problem
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 (my precious)
Carrier: VZ
Threadstarter

vick2080 is becoming a great contributor

thanks for the reply
yeah figured i should to another card, i currently have a 8gb on it
not sure if me running a mac and transfering the rom causes any issues, due to the difference in file system
the card is a fat
thanks for your help
Old 08-11-2009, 09:36 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vick2080 View Post
thanks for the reply
yeah figured i should to another card, i currently have a 8gb on it
not sure if me running a mac and transfering the rom causes any issues, due to the difference in file system
the card is a fat
thanks for your help
Just to clarifiy, card needs to be formatted with FAT32 and not just FAT. Also, not positive, but I think the 8GB card size might also be your issue. I'm not sure if it's still a limitation, but SD flashing used to be restricted to non-SDHC type cards. Personaly I've always kept a 2GB for just this purpose.

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-11-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mrsmdh is just getting started

I had the same problem you did and then I figured out that I named the file RAPHIMG.nbh.nbh instead of RAPHIMG.nbh.

Try taking your .nbh off the RAHIMG and flashing it that way. Sometimes the extension is already built in and you don't have to add .nbh because it is already there.

Hope it works for you.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Just to clarifiy, card needs to be formatted with FAT32 and not just FAT. Also, not positive, but I think the 8GB card size might also be your issue. I'm not sure if it's still a limitation, but SD flashing used to be restricted to non-SDHC type cards. Personaly I've always kept a 2GB for just this purpose.
correct...used to be. I flash my Touch Pro from my 8GB all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmdh View Post
I had the same problem you did and then I figured out that I named the file RAPHIMG.nbh.nbh instead of RAPHIMG.nbh.

Try taking your .nbh off the RAHIMG and flashing it that way. Sometimes the extension is already built in and you don't have to add .nbh because it is already there.

Hope it works for you.
good idea, that's why I don't show file extensions.

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro