PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kernel610 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fast Rhodium ROM

I've been using MightyROM for a long time now. I was on Mighty4 and then I decided it was time to reflash to see what else is out there. I've used the Rhodium ROMs when they first came out but wanted to see if they've improved. My biggest problem with them is battery life. They seem to drain so fast even when not being used. I have yet to find a good Rhodium ROM that conserves battery well. I think the best I've come across is Silence Lite, but that's about it. Still no where near the battery life I was seeing on Mighty4. Really the only thing I like about the Rhodium is the calendar tab, and it looks like no one has been able to port that over yet, unless I'm mistaken. I've seen the plain calendar tab, but not the interactive one like the Rhodium Touch Flo. Any suggestions? If possible, let me know what you're using and how it compares to others.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx
Re: Fast Rhodium ROM

try psyki 3 or beta 4. btw this topic is going to be moved because it's on the wrong forum. peace.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
try psyki 3 or beta 4. btw this topic is going to be moved because it's on the wrong forum. peace.
Sorry, what forum should it be in? The general Touch Pro thread? I figured since I have a CDMA phone and looking for a CDMA ROM that it should go here. Just let me know and I'll delete the thread and repost in the right area. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx

Don't worry it's all good. Topics in this section [upgrades] should be about specific ROMS. Since your question is pretty broad/general then it will probably be moved to the general touch pro device thread.

Now silence is a fast Rhodium I agree 100%. Try PSYKI!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Maverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
Don't worry it's all good. Topics in this section [upgrades] should be about specific ROMS. Since your question is pretty broad/general then it will probably be moved to the general touch pro device thread.

Now silence is a fast Rhodium I agree 100%. Try PSYKI!!!
I agree...Silence's Rhodium is really good. What I actually did was used Silence 6.1 SYS from his Kitchen and added XBmod's 1e Rhodium from Calkulin's OEM's. It's a pretty good combination. The latest XBmod's works with the HTC dialer. Psyki's ROM will do the same, as well.

Last edited by Maverick77; 08-06-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the feedback so far! Have you guys used MightyROM and how does it compare in terms of battery life? I really don't do much. I text a bit and occassionally use the internet but that's not a daily thing. My problem is that the battery seems to be dead by 5-6pm and I didn't even do anything on it. I have my email account to check every 4 hours and connections set to turn off after a minute. With Mighty, I could go about 2 days with my normal usage before needing to be charged. With the Rhodium ROMs I've tried I can't even seem get through the day. So I know you guys say Silence's and PSYKI's ROMS are good and fast, but how are they on battery?
Old 08-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

i vote that psykis is the best. it beats out everything ive compared it to in opengl test. its fluid smooth and stable. and gets better if u leave aaaaaaaaaaaaaaapps running (sorry my hardware keyboard is dying) and dont soft-reset for days, ice never seen other roms get better after time. one guy has gotten over 40hours of life on one charge on final psyki3 rom

Old 08-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was always satisfied with the battery life on Silence's Rhodium ROMs. It didn't last me quite as long as MR4/R3BORN, but I figured it was a fair trade-off for the TF3D2. Easily lasts into Day 2 though if you forget to charge.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tatoniss is just getting started

both grove rom and calkulins rom have great battery life, right now im using groove and so far its great
Old 08-07-2009, 08:19 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the general touch pro forum...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
mightyrom, rhodium, silence, speed, tf3d