PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Imagio/ Alltel Touch Pro/ VZW Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Data Connection Issues

Just got off phone with tech support. The woman that helped me was friendly but seemed frazzled...sounds like she had a rough day (said they had over 400 calls on hold at one point today over this). She confirmed everthing said here. Whatever Verizon is using to serve data to former Alltel customers crashed around noon, was back up for a while then crashed again. Using *228, automatic config in settings/connection/connections, or manual set up of your connection with either of these won't fix it (everything I tried).
username: phonenumber@alltel.net
password: alltel
uername: phonenumber@vzw3g.com
password: vzw

Sounds like we just have to wait it out...

FWIW...As much as this data outage may irritate everyone affected, the rep that helped me was very friendly, sounded knowledgable on winmo, & seemed to appreciate someone calling her that was pleasant to her, we B.S'd for a little bit & she vented some of today's stress to me. I hung up with the impression I helped her as much as she helped me.

Right now my TP is docked & connected to my home wifi. I'll check the data connection again in a few hours. It's a nice night...I think I'll go out on the back porch & have a beer.

Edit: Checked again and data was working fine @ 8:15pm here in Abilene Texas. In case anyone is wondering...The beers went down good on the back porch after a long week of work...Cloudy & in the low 80s here.

Last edited by bam0112; 07-31-2009 at 09:26 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro