PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nice hack to increase signal strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by schollianmj View Post
here are the drivers that I used to get my device to be discovered. install this, then plug your pone into the computer. let it do its thing, It should find a new device, htc modem or som doo-doo like that... then go to manager, under network adapters you should see "windows mobile based device" . unplug your phone, and dial ##DIAG#. once it opens up the modem screen plug it into your computer, then open QPST, select add new port, and there should be something new in there.

at least that is how i got mine werkin....

Many thanks for the help, but unfortunately nothing worked. Maybe I'll flash back to stock and see if that does anyting. Like I said, maybe one of my reg edits screwed something up. Wouldn't be the first time!!
Old 08-15-2009, 02:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal34 View Post
Appreciate the help, but when I go to ADD NEW PORT, there are no ports to add. When I plug my phone into my XP box there is never a COM port added under Device Manger either.....

Maybe a registry setting I inadvertently changed?

I literally had to add my port manually. I opened device manager on my computer, dialed ##3424#, then plugged in my phone. Under ports it now showed HTC Diagnostic Interface (PID 0B03) (COM5) <-----COM 5 is my port then (unless you dial ##3424#, that won't show up). So then I opened QPST config, selected "ports" then clicked "add new port". Under Port and Port label I put COM5 and then clicked OK. Then I opened RF NV Item Manger, clicked on "settings" and then clicked "comport" and changed that to COM5. Then clicked file then read from phone and viola, you can edit them!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis View Post
I literally had to add my port manually. I opened device manager on my computer, dialed ##3424#, then plugged in my phone. Under ports it now showed HTC Diagnostic Interface (PID 0B03) (COM5) <-----COM 5 is my port then (unless you dial ##3424#, that won't show up). So then I opened QPST config, selected "ports" then clicked "add new port". Under Port and Port label I put COM5 and then clicked OK. Then I opened RF NV Item Manger, clicked on "settings" and then clicked "comport" and changed that to COM5. Then clicked file then read from phone and viola, you can edit them!

Thanks for you assistance also. But when I enter ##3424# then plug in my TP, my computer just sits there....no COM port added under Device Manager. I'll have time to reflash this weekend to try to troubleshoot.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

l33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good work

I did this hack on windows 7 64bit btw and now I actually get service where I hadn't in my apartment. I get anywhere from 1-3 bars where I was getting 0-1 bars.

My default setting were as follows:
NV_C0_BC0_VGA_GAIN_OFFSET_1 : 2261
NV_C1_BC0_VGA_GAIN_OFFSET_1 : 2953

My new settings are 1261 for the C0 and 1553 for the C1.

Note: I am also using the 1.12.34F radio with the new ppst.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal34 View Post
Thanks for you assistance also. But when I enter ##3424# then plug in my TP, my computer just sits there....no COM port added under Device Manager. I'll have time to reflash this weekend to try to troubleshoot.
So I reflashed and was finally able to use QPST (knew it was one of my registry settings). I halved each of my values, and went from -101db to -82db. Also, where my battery would drain about 10-15% an hour (due to the poor signal), after 6 hours I only lost 30%. So I get about a 20% increase in signal strength and double my battery life!

This has got to be one of the best hacks out there!!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

I was pretty happy with reception when I was on the stock Sprint rom and Telus 1.04.05 radio. Any way to get the values from that config? After flashing to an aftermarket rom I noticed poorer signal strength. Is there a new radio available?
Old 09-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

I CANNOT get this QPST program to work for the life of me!!! It's SOOO frustrating, I tried both Vista 32bit and Win7 64bit and neither will have the program detecting my phone >

I'm about to try XP 32bit now, and if that doesn't work I'm going to go crazy!!

I really want this tweak since I don't get signal in some of the buildings at school (and this looks to be a tweak that can change that) even in my house I get like 0-1 bars, it's sickening.
Just tried XP 32bit and still doesn't work at all. I can only guess that Sprint Phone's can't do this??

Is there a way to tweak these values from the registry maybe?? I can not get this crappy program to work

Last edited by iviyth0s; 09-02-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Double Post
Old 09-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

PapaTeve is a n00b

Anyone know if something like this is possible on the Omnia? There are several of us who love our Omnias but are less than thrilled with the reception. Haven't found anything yet in the Omnia threads.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I dont get this part:
"Now you will need to setup the software to talk to your phone. Using your device manager find what comport the WDM for your phone is. It is under “comports”.

Under device manager it says only COM1. When I go to the configuration, it says that there are no phones connected. What am i missing?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro