PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pablomentabo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wmp and htc album broken after tcpmp install

after installing tcpmp my wmp and htc album will not play vids. even after uninstalling tcpmp (which worked fine and i'd want to keep) my wmp and htc album still will not play vids. i downloaded the htc videopatch.cab which i heard takes care of this but it will not install. i read somewhere that you need manilla unchecked in the today settings but i do have that unchecked and my phone was soft reset afterwords and the install didn't work. i really don't wanna hard reset. can someone help me plz, i can't find an answer anywhere
Old 07-28-2009, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

pablomentabo is a n00b
Re: wmp and htc album broken after tcpmp install

sorry to bump this but i really would like to kno if anyone has a solution or something to try out. i've searched everywhere and can't understand why there isn't more on this because i am not the first to install tcpmp.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

pablomentabo is a n00b
windows media player download

Since nobody seems to know how to correct the issue that I am having then is there someone out there that has the install file for Windows Media Player? Like the original .cab or one from a cooked ROM I can use? I really do not want to go through a hard reset. Anybody, please???
Old 07-31-2009, 09:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I don't believe you can reinstall WMP (although I may be wrong)

I had a very similar problem once & ended up having to hard reset as NOBODY had a fix for it.

It is kind of important to have WMP working as that & album are the only apps that give hardware accellerated video playback (I get virtually PERFECT playback of h.264 rips with WMP)

~John
Old 07-31-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

pablomentabo is a n00b

thanks for at least responding jmorton. i was wondering something though, if tcpmp is so recommended by many different forums then did i do something wrong in the install or can it not be used if you still want wmp playback?
Old 07-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablomentabo View Post
thanks for at least responding jmorton. i was wondering something though, if tcpmp is so recommended by many different forums then did i do something wrong in the install or can it not be used if you still want wmp playback?
follow the second link in my sig, Tech1 would be the man to ask for tcpmp issues.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 07-31-2009, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

pablomentabo is a n00b

thanks elmerfudpucker, i just posted there. i should have thought to post there 1st (i guess that's why i still have noob next to my name)
Old 07-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablomentabo View Post
thanks elmerfudpucker, i just posted there. i should have thought to post there 1st (i guess that's why i still have noob next to my name)
We all had a noob badge once, Np follow the first link in my sig too, that will help as well and dont forget the thanks button!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:05 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

tcpmp has a bigger footprint then just a simple "remove programs" you have to delete all sys folders, and any regstry entires it created to fully get rid of it...
Old 07-31-2009, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

pablomentabo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
tcpmp has a bigger footprint then just a simple "remove programs" you have to delete all sys folders, and any regstry entires it created to fully get rid of it...

Ok if i do that then i might be able to get my wmp to work again?

I'll so a search for what registry entries are still there because i know i got rid of it as far as removing tcpmp, deleting the tcpmp folder in the programs folder, and removing the flash video bundle along with deleting WMA-WMV9_Codec outta my windows folder and the tcpmp folder (since i had instructions to put it in windows and other instructions to put it in the tcpmp folder in program files). All that did not fix it for me though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro