PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 09:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Still looking for the files to back up the following:

opera logins and bookmarks
registration for Rescoe explorer

For Opera bookmarks, backup the file called 'opera6.adr' in \WINDOWS\Opera9 and just drop it in the corresponding SASHIMI\Auto\Root\WINDOWS\Opera9 folder to have it auto-restored when you run SASHIMI.

Dunno about the logins or Rescoe, but I have a few minutes before I have to go see clients -- let me see if I can turn anything up. I will edit this post if I do...

EDIT: You might try using CeRegEditor if you haven't already to find your Rescoe registration data in the registry (if it's there) and then export it to a file. Take a snapshot before you register it, then after, then compare snapshots to find the differences.

Last edited by askwhy; 08-13-2009 at 10:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
Great post...does anyone know how to backup the weather and programs info for tf3d? That would be great....thanks and please keep up the great info.

Not sure about the programs tab, as I keep it disabled anymore -- but I can help with the weather. To backup your weather settings you need to save a regfile to SASHIMI\Auto\REG with some of the data from --

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]

In particular, you need to backup 'Weather.CityList' but I would also include:

'Weather.ServerURLOverride'
'Locale'
'Weather_Focus'
'Weather.Fahrenheit'
'Weather.PostFirstRun'

After running SASHIMI you will have any pre-cooked-in locations removed and overwritten with your own -- and you will only need to hit 'Update'. For instance my file looks like this:
Quote:
REGEDIT4

"Weather.CityList"="NAM|US|CO|FORT COLLINS,NAM|US|DC|WASHINGTON,NAM|US|NY|NEW YORK"
"Weather.ServerURLOverride"="http://weather.not2advanced.com/htcweather/forecastdata.php?ac=XDADevs&locCode=%25ls&version= 1&device=innovation"
"Locale"="en-US"
"Weather_Focus"="United States"
"Weather.Fahrenheit"=dword:00000001
"Weather.PostFirstRun"=dword:00000001
Not sure if all the chefs have ROMs with the same weather server URL cooked-in, the one above is simply the one that was already in my registry when I went to back it up. I had no idea previously that a special weather patch server tied to the community was even being used to make things happen.

If you have added a custom city using a database editor of some sort, you will also want to backup the manila file (database file) that you edited, and that file is called 2330fc3c_manila -- place that file in \SASHIMI\Auto\Root\Windows\ to have it restored automatically.

Last edited by askwhy; 08-14-2009 at 07:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

fabrijack is just getting started

ok, apparently I am more of a noobie than I thought. I don't understand how to get the information from the registry to place in the shashimi/auto/reg folder. What program and process do I use? I understand the logic of how it works, just not how to get a .reg file that tells shashimi where to put it.

Using the ringtone as an example:

*Ring Tone*
First set the Ring Tone then back up HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Ringtone0 is where your ringtone registry is, for some reason there is two entries that reference my ringtone file, RingTone0 and RingTone2. I exported both in Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\REG

I can see this entry with total commander, do I just copy the entry to the above reg folder on my storage card?

Thanks for your patience.
Jack
Old 08-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC
Threadstarter

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrijack View Post
ok, apparently I am more of a noobie than I thought. I don't understand how to get the information from the registry to place in the shashimi/auto/reg folder. What program and process do I use? I understand the logic of how it works, just not how to get a .reg file that tells shashimi where to put it.

Using the ringtone as an example:

*Ring Tone*
First set the Ring Tone then back up HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Ringtone0 is where your ringtone registry is, for some reason there is two entries that reference my ringtone file, RingTone0 and RingTone2. I exported both in Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\REG

I can see this entry with total commander, do I just copy the entry to the above reg folder on my storage card?

Thanks for your patience.
Jack
yup, click and hold on the file in total commander, when it pops up the menu select copy, browse to Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\REG and click copy. and that is it, you have back up the reg key !

let me know if that doesn't work.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

codydavis22 is keeping up the good workcodydavis22 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to codydavis22 Send a message via Skype™ to codydavis22

How do you create a custom device name? I can't seem to find an option in activesync. I manually changed it in the registry and deleted all mobile devices from activesync, did a soft reset and synced it but it went back to wm_adminis1 or whatever
Old 08-05-2009, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

codydavis22 is keeping up the good workcodydavis22 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to codydavis22 Send a message via Skype™ to codydavis22

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Not sure about the programs tab, as I keep it disabled anymore -- but I can help with the weather. To backup your weather settings you need to save a regfile to SASHIMI\Auto\Root\Reg with some of the data from --

In particular, you need to backup 'Weather.CityList' but I would also include:

'Weather.ServerURLOverride'
'Locale'
'Weather_Focus'
'Weather.Fahrenheit'
'Weather.PostFirstRun'

After running SASHIMI you will have any pre-cooked-in locations removed and overwritten with your own -- and you will only need to hit 'Update'. For instance my file looks like this:

Not sure if all the chefs have ROMs with the same weather server URL cooked-in, the one above is simply the one that was already in my registry when I went to back it up. I had no idea previously that a special weather patch server tied to the community was even being used to make things happen.
You have to put in root????? is that a mistake? There is no Reg folder in the Root foler
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC
Threadstarter

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by codydavis22 View Post
How do you create a custom device name? I can't seem to find an option in activesync. I manually changed it in the registry and deleted all mobile devices from activesync, did a soft reset and synced it but it went back to wm_adminis1 or whatever
change the value of HKLM\Ident then export to Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\REG and push with Sashimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by codydavis22 View Post
You have to put in root????? is that a mistake? There is no Reg folder in the Root foler
yup, he meant export to Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\REG

the root folder is for any file you want to be copied over to your root directory of your phone.

Last edited by murducky; 08-06-2009 at 08:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond, touch pro, TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: sprint

rogerp is keeping up the good workrogerp is keeping up the good work

man took me a minuite to figure out but this is the best thing i have found yet for my phone. now i can flash and flash and flash lol

THANK YOU for all the work that went into this and for the great tuturial, and vids to learn how to set up
Old 08-09-2009, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4G

agrenwa is keeping up the good workagrenwa is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Still looking for the files to back up the following:

opera logins and bookmarks
registration for Rescoe explorer
for Resco try to backup/restore the following
windows/wmtrigger
this should hold all Resco programs registration info.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Just reposting some stuff from NRG thread. People are talking about Sahimi back ups. Gonna try to recommend people come over here:

Run the Lumos configuration program (just like you always would) then copy the "settings.txt" to "sashimi\auto\root\program files\lumus" you will need to create all these folders or figure out some way to copy them. Anything in the root folder copies to whatever folder on your device. Sashimi will create the folders if they don't exist, but typically it installs all the apps first. After an auto install I don't have to do anything with lumos (nice). You can do the same thing with ringers just make a mirror of what directory in "root" and Sashimi will copy them for you when you run it.

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro