PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedfor View Post
Sprint TP2, EnergyRom 21864 w HTC Sense 2.5

Sorry for such a noob question, but I can also show that others are having a similar problem...I can't beleive I am asking this, but here goes...

How do you do an AUTO install, using ASL?..specifically, what do you change the ASL location to in advanced settings? I know the doc says "My Storage", but when I use that, everything fails to install, each cab passes with "unsuccessful", and nothing gets installed.

I have tried, My Storage, Device, Device Stoarge, and even this trick (changing to Storage card)

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-g...edition-v-8-0/

This allows sashimi to install the cabs, but it does install to the storage card, which some of the cabs do not like.

What am I missing?
I looked in the sashimi manual, and see that asl and sc installs are not perfect. Maybe the screen resolution or language aren't supported. If so, you should be getting an error message on startup:

AUTO INSTALL TO ALTERNATE STORAGE LOCATION (ASL)

In addition to the \SC directory, SASHIMI also provides one additional Alternate Storage Location (ASL). To have CAB files install to an ASL in Auto mode, do the following:
  • Place the CABs in \SASHIMI\Auto\CAB\ASL (or a directory called \ASL under an alternate CAB location).
  • Configure the Alternate Storage Location in Settings > Advanced Settings with the name of the alternate storage (e.g. "My Storage").
Any cabs in the ASL directory (and subdirectories) will get auto-installed to the defined Alternate Location.

PROBLEMS WITH SC and ASL INSTALLS

The Auto Install to SC and ASL process depend upon SASHIMI being able to properly interpret the onscreen text in order to send automated screen taps.
Storage Card and ASL installs will be disabled if either of the following is true:
  1. An unsupported language is detected. For more information see SUPPORTED LANGUAGES.
  2. An unsupported resolution is detected.
SASHIMI will issue a warning at run-time if either of these scenarios are detected. An event will also be logged to the system log when Auto Install to Storage Card is disabled.

NOTE 1: It is recommended not to touch the screen or use other applications while SASHIMI is installing and this is especially important during this phase.
NOTE 2: Not all applications will work with automated installs (either to main memory or storage card). If a CAB file requires additional user interaction, it is generally better suited to install during the Manual Phase. In addition, some 3rd party applications which take control of the device's display may interfere with the Auto Install to Storage Card processes (e.g. screen shot or other capture software).
Old 11-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

nhvoltagenh is just getting started

Camera Settings

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Camera]

and

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Camera]
Old 11-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

hedfor is a n00b

Originally Posted by hedfor
Sprint TP2, EnergyRom 21864 w HTC Sense 2.5

Sorry for such a noob question, but I can also show that others are having a similar problem...I can't beleive I am asking this, but here goes...

How do you do an AUTO install, using ASL?..specifically, what do you change the ASL location to in advanced settings? I know the doc says "My Storage", but when I use that, everything fails to install, each cab passes with "unsuccessful", and nothing gets installed.

I have tried, My Storage, Device, Device Stoarge, and even this trick (changing to Storage card)

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-g...edition-v-8-0/

This allows sashimi to install the cabs, but it does install to the storage card, which some of the cabs do not like.

What am I missing?

Thanks for the suggestions, but I am following the doc...big fan of

RTFM!!

Anyway, I see WAY TOO MANY posts on Touch Pro 2's working with Sashimi...even a few that spec a Sprint TP2, so I thought I would ask if I am doing soimething wrong (obviuosly)

So, let me ask it this way...

Once I install Sashimi to the storage card, (or internally) on this Enerrgy Rom Leo 21864 M2.5, and use the ASL folder to store cabs, should my ASL location in Adv settings be "My Storage" or something else? I have tried \Program files, program files, my device, device, etc...nothing is working and I am not completely sure why.

Any Sprint TP2's out there having issues with Sashimi?

Next step is to flash Sprint Rom and try again but I know I will be missing mort/net 3.5, etc, so not really sure how to troubleshoot.

Either the "My Storage" setting is incorrect, or soemthing is unique about my device....I'll take any suggestions...

UPDATE!!!

Flashed original sprint rom, and sashimi does install correctly when using "My Storage", or at least starts to...it needs help continuing..stops at weird times, and sometimes appears to leave the screen for a good 20+ seconds, then comes back...obviously there is something in EnergyRom Leo 21864 that is causing this behavior.

If anyone has anything to add, I 'm all game. I know NRG is probaby going to be too busy and already has UC ebabled in the ROM, so I might go that way.

But....if anyone has anything to add....

THANKS

Thanks

Last edited by hedfor; 11-25-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:43 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

What an awesome program and concept! Saves me so much time!! Before, I would make a list of cabs, reg edits, and tweaks to do after a hard reset/flash, but now it"s so easy!!

Anyone know the google maps reg for latitude & favorites? Also, the rss reader settings and sites?

Also, the program tab for the home screen of manilla 2.5?

Thanks!

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 11-27-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:21 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
What an awesome program and concept! Saves me so much time!! Before, I would make a list of cabs, reg edits, and tweaks to do after a hard reset/flash, but now it"s so easy!!

Anyone know the google maps reg for latitude & favorites? Also, the rss reader settings and sites?

Thanks!

Also, how do I back up my bluetooth profiles?
Old 11-27-2009, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fdroms is becoming a great contributor

Still looking for 2 more backups for registration data:

1. Pocket Quicken
2. SPB Traveler

Anyone know where the registrations are stored so that I can restore them with sashimi
Old 11-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

I've used SKTools to change some colors, is there a way to back up thoes changes, using SASHIMI?
Old 11-28-2009, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468

I have a question, I am just learning to use Sashimi and I'm trying to figure out how to add my home wireless network to the xml, I have WEP encription but that isn't listed as an option, it only has open, shared, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, and WPA2-PSK and I'm confused which one to pick? I read the whole thread and I couldn't find anything, looks like a great program but I'm just havin some issues figuring some things out.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:04 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srk468 View Post
I have a question, I am just learning to use Sashimi and I'm trying to figure out how to add my home wireless network to the xml, I have WEP encription but that isn't listed as an option, it only has open, shared, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, and WPA2-PSK and I'm confused which one to pick? I read the whole thread and I couldn't find anything, looks like a great program but I'm just havin some issues figuring some things out.
WEP = Shared
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post

Thanks!
If you are referring to the quick links underneath the clock on the home screen, you need to back up "HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\Home"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro