PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by studentjunk View Post
How did you export that reg setting? Did you do it manually or using the regexport.ini? It will be helpful if you posted the file. It's probably a syntax error.
I just did it manually from the reg edit. I am getting a feeling that it's not the way to do .... could you point me in the right direction? I have another reg edit that will port my alarm settings and it works with that method. Maybe I need to set up regexport.ini??
Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work

We had a discussion about it a few pages back. I posted my file there. They examined the other guy's *.reg file and found some sort of syntax problem.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
We had a discussion about it a few pages back. I posted my file there. They examined the other guy's *.reg file and found some sort of syntax problem.
Thanx I saw that file. I made some changed and saved to the proper directory, but when I tried to do a back up , it said no file found. Is a text file ok or it should be in some other format?

I guess what I was saying is how do I save an ini file from a txt file? I know this is very nub of me, but I've tried different ways to approach this, but everytime I end up with a txt file.

Last edited by tkedch; 10-22-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: clarify
Old 10-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

has anyone managed to find your login info for microsoft myphone an marketplace? for the life of me i cannot find these, any help would be appreciated
Old 10-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
has anyone managed to find your login info for microsoft myphone an marketplace? for the life of me i cannot find these, any help would be appreciated
Ditto!

If I Helped you, Press Thanks!-------------|
Old 10-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC
Threadstarter

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asawadude View Post
In post #1, Murducky says copy all cab files to "Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\Cabs\", but by default, SASHIMI creates "Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\Cab\" which is described in SASHIMI's documentation as the "Default directory for CAB and tandem/bundled files for auto install."
What is the correct subdirectory name? "Cabs" or "Cab"? Or does it make a difference?
It's CAB not CABS sorry for the typo. The folder are already created for you.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Thanx I saw that file. I made some changed and saved to the proper directory, but when I tried to do a back up , it said no file found. Is a text file ok or it should be in some other format?

I guess what I was saying is how do I save an ini file from a txt file? I know this is very nub of me, but I've tried different ways to approach this, but everytime I end up with a txt file.
An *.ini file is a text file. Just rename the text file from *.txt to *.ini in windows or total commander on the phone.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
An *.ini file is a text file. Just rename the text file from *.txt to *.ini in windows or total commander on the phone.
Thanks, I just did it.
Another dumb question, sashimi would automatically back up what i have in the file then the next time I run auto it will unload those setting back to where they should be right?
Old 10-23-2009, 03:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 20th Touch Pro

brokestudent12 is becoming a great contributor

Looking For Resco Explorer and Pandora info to backup please thanks.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:31 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Nice guide bro.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro