PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Setting Text Message Ringtone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boritato View Post
Also file needs to be a .WAV and not an Mp3 or any other sound file format.. That's for ur txt messages!
This answers your question.
it was stated above.

Convert whatever file you want to play into a .wav file and put it into your windows directory, problem solved.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you cant set an individual ring tone for each contact, at least not with whats on the vzn tp. there is a program out there that claims to do it but i dont remember what it was or if it really worked.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

ringo is one of them that allows you to do so.

if you go into the contact details you can.
go to your contacts, then click a name, go to edit, and then there's a assign ringtone option. you can't do it through the manilla(touchflo3d) contacts page, you have to do it through the default one from microsoft.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:40 PM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

gotcha. thought i tried it once and it didnt work. may give it another try.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
ringo is one of them that allows you to do so.

if you go into the contact details you can.
go to your contacts, then click a name, go to edit, and then there's a assign ringtone option. you can't do it through the manilla(touchflo3d) contacts page, you have to do it through the default one from microsoft.
Do u know if there is a way to back up those settings? I asked because thisis something i would like to do but i flash my tp a lot and would love to have a way to backup or easily restore it (using SASHIMI)
Old 06-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

coreyoli is keeping up the good workcoreyoli is keeping up the good work

I'm looking to set TEXT MESSAGE tones, NOT ring tones!

-Corey
Old 06-22-2009, 12:32 PM
VIP Member

that cab allows custom tones for text. i must have had an older version that didnt work.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
Do u know if there is a way to back up those settings? I asked because thisis something i would like to do but i flash my tp a lot and would love to have a way to backup or easily restore it (using SASHIMI)

Dashwire claims to backup settings and ringtones. I personally haven't used it for that purpose yet, but I have set up an account and it is pretty nice. I'm sure it will come in handy once I start flashing

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro