PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 03:36 PM
WAH
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

WAH is keeping up the good workWAH is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mighty Rom=the Best Rom>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
nope i just don't want to see a flame war ! just like the other 20 have done IMHO the best rom is what EVER one you use and continue to use

Imho no need to start a new pst each time keep it in the ROM makers topic
just expressing my opinion.
obviously,some folks enjoy voicing their opinion about this subject.
i dont think one thread is going to exceed the bandwidth of this messageboard.
relax.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:39 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
Honestly, there are very few ROMs I've used that I didn't like. Threads like this are just silly.
I 100% agree and threads like this is why I don't frequent here as much.

If you look at a rom, they all contain the same components and SYS content. While there are different SYS versions available out there, alot of it is additional software that is included. I personally don't see what the hub-bub is about a certain rom.

It is usually how the rom is hyped. But all roms have the same components, just slightly different versions, and most by now all have the same tweaks that I have seen as well...

Old 06-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

So I've seen a lot of posts saying 6.1 or 6.5 is better, what are the major differences? It sounds like 6.1 is more stable, but are there any features in 6.5 that might make it worth a little unstability?
Old 06-21-2009, 04:36 PM
WAH
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

WAH is keeping up the good workWAH is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
So I've seen a lot of posts saying 6.1 or 6.5 is better, what are the major differences? It sounds like 6.1 is more stable, but are there any features in 6.5 that might make it worth a little unstability?
wow.i cant believe u asked that question..
it was probably already asked soo many times.folks are gonna freak out!!
Old 06-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAH View Post
wow.i cant believe u asked that question..
it was probably already asked soo many times.folks are gonna freak out!!
I am sure, but again, trying to find pertinent info when searching for said term brings up a slew of posts. Anyone who wants to help thanks, anyone who doesn't or who wants to complain can waste their own time doing so, that's their effing problem
Old 06-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I'd like to see a comparison between silence, starrom & mighty. I've had mighty4 for about a month now & I'm finding it a little laggy.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 06-21-2009, 08:23 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

6.1 is too boring looking to me. I am running mighty rom5 its so smooth and fast, the screen is sensitive as can be and the battery life is a 9 out of 10. Landcape is nice with titanium as touch flo is boring (although there is tflo still inn the rom for switching depending on mood). I absolutely love the start menu that brings down the way sweet finger friendly programs that you can arrange in any order using the noggin. Ive got 66 cabs installed and there is nothing slow about it. I love 6.5 over 6.1 but all in all it wont do anything more than 6.1. to me its just preference, I actually find this rom is faster and more stable than any other 6.1 or 6.5 rom ive tried thats why ive been on it about 2 months............................

someone up above said they dont understand why any rom is better than the other since things are all the same build and that its just programs thats the diff..... yea right, some roms do wierd things and others dont, if that were the case then we all would have the same rom....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
I'd like to see a comparison between silence, starrom & mighty. I've had mighty4 for about a month now & I'm finding it a little laggy.
don't forget nfsfan's rom.

Get that one, tried mightyrom, and my friend had it too,
it's caused problems on our phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
6.1 is too boring looking to me. I am running mighty rom5 its so smooth and fast, the screen is sensitive as can be and the battery life is a 9 out of 10. Landcape is nice with titanium as touch flo is boring (although there is tflo still inn the rom for switching depending on mood). I absolutely love the start menu that brings down the way sweet finger friendly programs that you can arrange in any order using the noggin. Ive got 66 cabs installed and there is nothing slow about it. I love 6.5 over 6.1 but all in all it wont do anything more than 6.1. to me its just preference, I actually find this rom is faster and more stable than any other 6.1 or 6.5 rom ive tried thats why ive been on it about 2 months............................

someone up above said they dont understand why any rom is better than the other since things are all the same build and that its just programs thats the diff..... yea right, some roms do wierd things and others dont, if that were the case then we all would have the same rom....
tflo is boring period.
6.5 is better.
handsdown.
not unstable.
get it,
you wont regret it.

I mean, what do you have to lose, flash it,
if you don't likeit,
flashback.
no harm done.....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Thanks all! From what it sounds like, I am thinking I will start with Mighty ROM5, just have to find it a read a little more into it, but don't think I have really heard anything bad about it

Still waiting for my stock ROM and carrier cab to get finished, then I will be all set to go
Old 06-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
6.5 is better.
handsdown.
not unstable.
get it,
you wont regret it.
I got it. I regretted it.

Not all software runs under 6.5.

There's a medical application that runs flawlessly under 6.1 (ePocrates - see several threads on this). It is the reason I have carried a PDA for the past several years and the reason I switched to a WinMo phone a few years back. I probably access it 20 times per day on average.

Under 6.5, ePocrates won't update. Updates are a crucial feature of this application. Therefore, I stick with 6.1.

Pretty much be defiinition, 6.5 is "unstable" at present because there is no official release version for our phones. Yes, chefs have done great work in porting it, but it remains problematic in some respects and is not very widely supported by commercial software houses.

I can't think of a single advantage 6.5 offers me over 6.1 unless I can't live without Titanium, which I can.

As others have pointed out, this underscores the uselessness of these threads. "Best" for you and "best" for me may be entirely different creatures. For the record, MightyROM 4 6.20.09 is currently "best" for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro