PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP with Twisted Access 1.5
Carrier: Alltel but not for long
Threadstarter

hessien is keeping up the good workhessien is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Alltel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopySox View Post
Doesn't do anything =/

So far, I have unlocked the phone, installed Alltel Stock Rom, now I am trying to figure out how to get it on alltel service. *228 doesn't work, nor does ##000000.
I used GetSpl and have the code 303334. What do I use that for? I'm obviously completely new to this, so I have no idea what the hell I am doing.
I even got the codes from Sprint ##147534# which also did nothing...is that because I already installed the Alltel Rom by then?
You will need to install QPST onto your computer. I do not have the link for that but it should come up in a search here or at xda-developers. I remember the thread had instructions in order to get QPST to see your phone. Once in diagnostic mode on your phone, and programming mode in QPST, press "read from phone" it will ask you for the Phone lock code, enter 303334. This should allow qpst to see the data on your phone. In the first screen on QPST, you will see a box for SPL code..enter 000000 into this and then press write phone. exit out of qpst without saving anything, and reset your phone.

Log in to your alltel account online, go to account maintanence, and it will list your SID and MIN. Enter these in the ##000000 area on your phone. Now dial #228 and update PRL. Reset phone. Dial #228 and activate phone. If this does not work..call tech support from a different phone and tell them you want to activate a new phone on your line...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:36 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hessien View Post
You will need to install QPST onto your computer. I do not have the link for that but it should come up in a search here or at xda-developers. I remember the thread had instructions in order to get QPST to see your phone. Once in diagnostic mode on your phone, and programming mode in QPST, press "read from phone" it will ask you for the Phone lock code, enter 303334. This should allow qpst to see the data on your phone. In the first screen on QPST, you will see a box for SPL code..enter 000000 into this and then press write phone. exit out of qpst without saving anything, and reset your phone.

Log in to your alltel account online, go to account maintanence, and it will list your SID and MIN. Enter these in the ##000000 area on your phone. Now dial #228 and update PRL. Reset phone. Dial #228 and activate phone. If this does not work..call tech support from a different phone and tell them you want to activate a new phone on your line...
If anyone gets stuck on how to do this Conflipper is a master at this kinda stuff and Im sure he would be more than willing to help if anyone needs it.

I know he was using a Diamond on Alltel a couple months before lltel even released it.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 05-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hessien View Post
Well, I got a Sprint touch Pro and got it activated on Alltel. Now the wierd thing is..when I do a speedtest on my data it says my ISP is Sprint...not Alltel. Any ideas?

I am using mightyrom 4.16

Just checked my data usage on Alltel website and it states 6013 KB used. Will check back in a few days to see if it has changed.
OK. It was still going through sprint on the previous owners account. I changed things to my account through epst on the phone and now I am on my account. My data usage has increased on alltel's website. Rev A on alltel is blazing fast on this phone as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

First unlock the the TP. Then install BAFMSL on your phone and .net 3.5 which can be found searching ppcgeeks. run BAFMSL and that will give you sprints unlock code. Get qpst and install it and these modem drivers on your computer and run the directions as they are listed in this post (ignore the fact that it is for a titan..it just walks you through the process to change the service programming code to 000000. Flash it with an alltel rom, Log in to your alltel account online, go to account maintanence, and it will list your SID and MIN. Enter these in the ##000000 area on your phone. Now dial #228 and update PRL. Reset phone. Dial #228 and activate phone. If this does not work..call tech support from a different phone and tell them you want to activate a new phone on your line. If they question you about the phone...tell them it says alltel when it boots up. You installed the stock alltel rom..so you are not lieing. They may mention that this phone may have been a prepaid..and therefore is not in the "system" but they will add it for you.

Last edited by hessien; 05-24-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PoopySox is a n00b

Hessien,
I did everything you said, however when I enter the #000000 screen, I cannot change my MIN. It's not even listed. How can I edit that?

Edit: I have Mighty Rom Reborn loaded atm. Should I switch back to stock Alltel rom? Does that even make a difference?
Old 05-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopySox View Post
Hessien,
I did everything you said, however when I enter the #000000 screen, I cannot change my MIN. It's not even listed. How can I edit that?

Edit: I have Mighty Rom Reborn loaded atm. Should I switch back to stock Alltel rom? Does that even make a difference?
Min would be located in ##778 NAM settings I believe. I never touched that. Activation took care of it for me.

On #000000 screen, MDN is your actual number with area code, MSID is the number fromalltel's wwbsite.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG enV Touch
Carrier: Verizon

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin

HELLO???? Can anyone answer a simple question please?

Commander of the Non-Data Users Team.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thvoicwethin View Post
HELLO???? Can anyone answer a simple question please?
What question?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

dylansylvester is just getting started

i bought a cricket TP and brought it to alltel, all I had to do was manually load a new PRL file, and voila!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

jdmm72 is a n00b

Yeah, I've brought a Verizon Moto Q and a Ntelos Moto Q to Alltel. They didn't even ask who the previous carrier was, just activated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro