PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: 6.1 Vs 6.5 Vs 7
I tried 6.5 and keep going back to 6.1 110 17.97%
I tried 6.5 and am Never going back to 6.1 276 45.10%
I tried 6.5 and back to 6.1... I'll wait for 7... 104 16.99%
Never bothered trying 6.5 122 19.93%
Voters: 612. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 6.1 / 6.5 / 7

i really can't tell the difference in speed between 6.5 and 6.1, but i use 6.5 for the lock screen/in call screen and new start menu. Now i cannot live w/o!!!!!!

sorry to the developers but i was really disappointed w/ MightyROM 5 and Juicy 7. i loved these two developers 6.1 roms but people like Merdin have given me a much better 6.5 experience
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jucytec View Post
I just tried 21502 pretty stripped on a Vzw Tp...

I don't see how 6.5 Speed outperforms 6.1

I used 14MB PP on 6.5 and only 10MB PP on 6.1

and in terms of speed 6.1>6.5
in terms of speed 6.1 probably is a little faster, but 6.5 is waaaaay more finger friendly. and 6.1 with tf3d is slow. I don't even believe its possible to operate 6.1 with your fingers unless you're running tf3d, spb pocket, or something like it.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

i went to 6.5, back to 6.1 until a better 6.5 rom comes out, or a WM7 rom comes out.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:30 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
im on 6.5 with the Copper Rom on my sprint TP and am not going back to 6.1 or anything with Manillla. damn skippy lol.

Right on bother!!! Or you can load SPB MS 3.0 to any ROM and turn off TF3d!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

temperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good work

phantom rom was my first, i liked it but a little unstable at the time, then i tried copper, it was nice but everytime i switch from landscape to portrait it would exit a program (maybe bad flash), then i tried 2 releases of merdins rom, decent also, but still, to unstable for me, so I went back to 6.1 and just pimped out my touch flo to this sweet alien theme, well, in the mix somewhere i had downloaded the mighty rom, I dont remember doing it but i kept seeing it on my desktop and said what the shnit, its like the GODS were calling me, so I flashed it, and WoW, its sweeeeeet, and we can switch back and forth between titaniun and tflo. Thanks mightyROM5, I will never go back to 6.1 again, or really and rom for that matter, this is the shiznizzlniiiiiit.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness
Threadstarter

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it seems apparent that most Sprint TP users are in favor of 6.5 and most Vzw users are in favor of 6.1
Old 05-07-2009, 12:22 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
i installed 6.5 and i really have no intention of going back. while i will admit that 6.1 is faster (and i seem to have a memory leak somewhere because i have to soft reset now and then), i just love the titanium chome interface. i'm just hoping that we get some updates in the near future to fix the speed issues and whatnot.
now i just wish it was possible to install titanium on 6.1 *dream*
i just wanted to update this. i recently flashed to a new rom and i don't have the memory leak issue anymore... i haven't had to soft reset all day.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness
Threadstarter

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
i just wanted to update this. i recently flashed to a new rom and i don't have the memory leak issue anymore... i haven't had to soft reset all day.
Which SYS did you install?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
anybody who uses windows 6.5 and goes back to 6.1 is foolish. The only logical explanation would be that you want the most stable rom, that would be the only reason. other then that 6.5 is better by leaps and bounds over 6.1. Also not to mention windows themselves won't be making another 6.1 device so why would someone want to live in the past, this is like comparing 6.1 to 6.0 or even windowms mobile 5. Why would someone be working backwards. Sounds like when old people don't want to get dvr's because they are so use to their vcr's, even though a dvr is 10 times easier to operate and program then a vcr.
Please tell me what is BETTER about an unstable phone....
We work TOWARDS stability not away (backwards) from it....

Why do you still use a doorbell and not an automatic lock that uses the latest face recognition software to let people you know in?

Is it because the latest and greatest doesn't do as good a job as the good old fashioned doorbell?
because half the time it doesn't recognize you and let you into your own house until someone can reboot the system?

Think about what you said and then tell me which one of us is going backwards and is foolish!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jaqual is becoming a great contributor

I flashed back to stock Sprint after checking out 6.5... I guess I'm just not as sensitive as some people on the speed issue, because I really don't notice any difference, except when 6.5 malfunctions and becomes REALLY slow.
I also kinda hate the honeycomb. When I press Start for the Start Menu, I really kinda expect a menu, not a bunch of icons scattered across the screen.

I haven't used TF3d for a while, been using PointUI, so as for Today functionality, it's a lot better, and IMHO, way better than Titanium. I hate words all over my screen, I loved CHome on the Smartphone, with elegant, unobtrusive icons that fade when not selected, and hopefully that's the way they're going with it, but it's just not there yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro