PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: 6.1 Vs 6.5 Vs 7
I tried 6.5 and keep going back to 6.1 110 17.97%
I tried 6.5 and am Never going back to 6.1 276 45.10%
I tried 6.5 and back to 6.1... I'll wait for 7... 104 16.99%
Never bothered trying 6.5 122 19.93%
Voters: 612. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 6.1 / 6.5 / 7

For all of you who are still on 21500 (especially copper), you are not seeing the full potential of 6.5. There have been MANY superior builds with 21501... but now... it is for sure worth the jump to 21502. I am using Cal's 1.7 kitchen and it rocks! Fast, stable, no huge battery drain... excellent. I only have a few beefs, but that has been the case with every rom.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

as much as i like TF3D i am never going back to 6.1...it was just so dated....no kinetic scrolling no easy way to organize ur programs....so slow...
Old 05-05-2009, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

I just released a CE OS 5.2.21501 (Build 21502) hybrid kitchen and I've got to say it's by far the best 6.5 experience I've had yet

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 05-05-2009, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizion

Buehlar is keeping up the good workBuehlar is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Buehlar Send a message via Yahoo to Buehlar

No love for Alltel? Guess I'll give the first to report. I've tested Copper, Mighty, Juicy7(currently).
I've built with Calkuins 1.6 kitchen, ERice's and bored's kitchens. (best experience so far with Calks)
I just can't seem to find the right balance between battery life, stability and performance. Find myself always going back to 6.1,
BUT I defenently like the new direction 6.5 is taking.
I'll eventually find that "sweet spot" and stick with 6.5. Well, until 7 starts calling my name.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nothing because I'm broke. :'-( sad i know..
Carrier: Alltel (i guess Verizon now...)

rebelmuddlite is becoming a great contributor

i agree with buehlar, i've tried most 6.5 roms and builds and i can't find one just right for my phone, i have an alltel touch pro and i just cant find the right 6.5 rom, and i wish that someone would make a cab for arcsoft mms that actually works on an alltel touch pro or include it in the rom, because to this day i can't find one that works or kitchen a rom to work right, i've tried putting my settings in and it doesn't work. if i could find one that worked right, i'd definitely stick with 6.5, but til then, back to 6.1 and does ne1 know when con is gonna get in the game with 6.5?
Old 05-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown

i have tried all of the 6.5's that are out and I do not like it. Really don't like anything about it. Now I'm back on 6.1 w/my own ROM i just cooked.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

I tried Juicy 7 and liked it but it was a little glitchy now im running the psyki rom and i love it. It kept the 6.1 start menu which i appreciate because I did not like the honeycomb too much, but its really stable and fast. It does have a few hiccups here and there but nothing bad enough to make me switch back just yet. I will likely be on 6.5 from here on out. I really love the new menus and how finger friendly they are. Its about time wm user get a decent user interface. cant wait for the offical release of 6.5!

Boy I feel like a duche... Psyki's Rom is not actually 6.5 it's 6.1, with TP2 stuff on it.

btw: Sprint Touch Pro

Last edited by princem131; 05-06-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizion

Buehlar is keeping up the good workBuehlar is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Buehlar Send a message via Yahoo to Buehlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelmuddlite View Post
i wish that someone would make a cab for arcsoft mms that actually works on an alltel touch pro or include it in the rom, because to this day i can't find one that works or kitchen a rom to work right, i've tried putting my settings in and it doesn't work.
+1
Like rebel said, alltel MMS just doesn't work. Anyone know of a fix? And yes, I do pay for the service.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

gothere is a n00b
Smile Re: Windows Mobile 6.1 / 6.5 / 7

Went to 6.5 and not looking back. However I'm running SPB Mobile Shell 3 which makes a lot of difference. Hardware is Sprint TP running on VZW.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I like 6.5 because of the PIE 8 and menu interface, other than that the Titanium suck when compared to TF3D... IMHO so I still use TF3D along with 6.5 with Mighty ROM 5....I know others prefer the Titanium. I guess I am waiting for a Mighty ROM with 6.5 and TF3D 2, so there will be no need to even consider a TP 2 and I can just look forward to the TP 2 upgrade with Windows Phone 7...LOL

Last edited by AB33; 05-05-2009 at 04:55 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro