PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800

ymn2005 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Htc Touch Pro Screen Problem

I have a Touch pro sprint,, I put the juggalo rom in the phone,, but the screen now shakes all the time,, especially when I try to write a text message,, I can't write anything, because the letters are over each other,,
Any idea what's wrong, or I did wrong, I flashed another rom, but still the same, I also tried a hard reset..but nothin
Old 04-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Htc Touch Pro Screen Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymn2005 View Post
I have a Touch pro sprint,, I put the juggalo rom in the phone,, but the screen now shakes all the time,, especially when I try to write a text message,, I can't write anything, because the letters are over each other,,
Any idea what's wrong, or I did wrong, I flashed another rom, but still the same, I also tried a hard reset..but nothin
could you please explain more, what do you mean by shakes? like the hardware shakes or what?
Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

seanstick is just getting started

I just had this problem with another ROM flashed to another one and back to the sprint stock and they were all really messed up. The screen icons were all over the place.

I had to get a new phone because the screen just stopped working.

The phone part worked and everything just the screen was black.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Maverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I know sometimes the refresh rate gets to me especially after looking at an external monitor for a while. But what you are describing sounds like hardware problems to me.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Lurker

seanstick is just getting started

Yeah I *think* what happened was the ribbon cord or something got loose because if i played with the screen enough it would work fine then it stopped working after using the device.

I have never dropped my phone or anything either. Must have just had a loose wire im guessing.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

temperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good work

get the keyboard replaced, same tning happened to my phone.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

www.storelocator.sprint.com check repair centers and type cincinnati theres like 3 or 4 repair centers around town
Old 04-17-2009, 05:43 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ymn2005 is a n00b

OK<<Thanks for the replies,,, IN my screen, when i go to text messages, the OK will be in the center of the screen, and the lines are in the side,, and i can write but i can't see what i am writing because the screen is messed up..
what i did,, i flashed the phone many times,, tried different roms,, but everything was working fine until yesterday,, i tried to flash sprint stock rom,, but same proplem.. any suggestion!!!! do u think i should take it to service,, the problem i already flashed it to metro pcs,, do u think sprint would still see what's wrong with the phone??
Old 04-17-2009, 05:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ymn2005 is a n00b

Sorry, i forgot to say,, all the other screens are working fine, i happens only when i try to write a text message, or when i go to google map.. and sometimes when browsing the pics i have in the phone, it messes up.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

temperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good work

do you have diamond tweak installed? having clear type enabled on that jumbles text together? maybe just a shot... and the rep at the sprint store just put a new keyboard in when my was acting funny (although it magically worked while there), i think they just swapped it with a brought back phone...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro