PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 12:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: touch screen frozen how to access start menu from d-pad or keyboard CDMA VRZ

the touch input at the onset of AS should only be temp. after a few seconds it just goes into active sync anyways. hook it back up to your PC and just wait to see what happens. if all else fails try the center d pad and see if that will click the "ok" button for active sync.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:46 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: touch screen frozen how to access start menu from d-pad or keyboard CDMA VRZ

no the start menu cannot be accessed by the keyboard. Always remember to use SPB Backup or Sprite Backup to keep a copy of the information you want to use. i always back up once a week just incase. (i dont like ActiveSync)

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 04-22-2009, 12:56 PM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you could get TF3D working you could use the D pad to move over to your programs tab then add in the back up program your using and do a back up. i will disable TF and see what i can come up with.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

if it's just the touch screeen that's messed, do what ruskiyab suggested and use mymobiler via activesync
Old 04-22-2009, 01:08 PM
VIP Member

i have your fix, as long as you know what program you want to run is. press and hold the talk(green phone button) it will activate Voice command. from there you can access the start menu and programs in it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
if you could get TF3D working you could use the D pad to move over to your programs tab then add in the back up program your using and do a back up. i will disable TF and see what i can come up with.
This is a good advice, that's how I backed up my gf's vogue with tf2d when the touch screen crapped out
Old 04-22-2009, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Threadstarter

XV6700Dummy is a n00b

brilliant, now I hope that will work

thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(XV6850)
Carrier: Verizon

apoirier594 is becoming a great contributor

I have the VZW Touch Pro to, mine works fine and I looked for a way to get the start screen up with out the touch screen and i dont think it can be done, have you ever backed your stuff up b4. I have pim backup and re use it everyday to make sure anything new I have in case I need to do a hard reset
Old 04-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G
Carrier: Sprint

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
i have your fix, as long as you know what program you want to run is. press and hold the talk(green phone button) it will activate Voice command. from there you can access the start menu and programs in it.
Good solution, you rock!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Threadstarter

XV6700Dummy is a n00b

I must not know the magic words or maybe I set VC some way that makes it ornery as it's being!

Long press reveals the mic icon

but so far no luck

yes I backup but not everyday

typically more like every other week

I'll know if the AS works soon.

I'd think HTC needs to fix the bug of requiring VC or the touchscreen to access the start menu

thanks, what words should summons my program page to appear if anyone knows?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro