PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 05:47 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: Am I the only one who hates 6.5 menus?

i personally like the 6.5 menus... so i have another question. i have a ROM with the HTC menus cooked in... how would i go about reverting to the 6.5 stock menus?
Old 04-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyrod View Post
i guess, everybody here like winmo 6.5 is way faster and somewhat stable.!
I have tried Mighty and Juicy's 6.5 Copper, SSK1.7, and cooked my own 6.5 in SSK's 1.7 kitchen. I went back to RSTG R.15 Rhodium rom, and I haven't seen a big difference in the speed between the 6.5's and Rhodium. I am also trying SpbMobileShell 3. It has alot better layout than previous versions of mobile shell. I run this and Rhodium together. I also wasn't very enthused with the menu of 6.5 .
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"

Last edited by selders59; 04-18-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59 View Post
I am also trying SpbMobileShell 3. It has alot better layout than previous versions of mobile shell. I run this and Rhodium together. I also wasn't very enthused with the menu of 6.5 .
Personally, I HATED the 6.5 menu's but I'm sure other people disagree.

MobilShell 3 is awesome IMHO. I used MS 2 for a long time in my old Titan/Mogul setups, but I got away from it with the Touchpro & TF3D. I personally really like TF3D after I installed the cfc compressed HD version with the stock tracker & five day weather. That version is fast as hell, MUCH better than the standard version (for me anyway)

I am now running Mighty 4.16 & both TF3D HD & MS 3. When my system boots up, it is running TF3D HD. I can then start MS 3 from a start menu shortcut (I use Wisbar's cascading start menu so it's one click away) & then when I am in MS 3 I can bring up TF by clicking the bottm right soft key & clicking "show today" at anytime.

~John
Old 04-21-2009, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Cobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good work

Main reason SPB Mobile Shell 3 is relevant here is that it gives you the option to override the system menus with SPB's menus which are MUCH better and have none of the 6.5 Menu flaws

It's $30

But there is a 30 day trial

And honestly, how many of us would actually be able to go more than 30 days without flashing a new rom?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was testing various roms last night to see if any of them had a lower stock discharge rate on the battery than any other (they dont), and I got to try Juicy 7 with the 6.5 menus. I absolutely hate the 6.5 menus. They are obnoxious and I would go to select something then all ofa sudden the entire screen would change and it would select an entirely different program or setting category than I wanted. It was effing garbage. That said, there is potential. If we were able to fully customize the menus, and if they were a lot more fluid and stable, then it would be pretty nice. I also realized right before i flashed to a different rom, that the menus do not function by scrolling, but rather by "flipping pages", if you know what i mean. The rest of the rom seemed very nice though. I do like the updated look of 6.5.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

knife is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to knife

Couldn't agree more. I also hate the honeycomb / menu layouts. I miss start -> settings keeping the control panel open, I miss the customizable top 7 + the last few I've used.... I'd like a "sent to bottom" option in addition to "sent to top"...

I think if I keep the current menu's I'll have to use folders better, as scrolling thru 5 pages of apps doesn't make any sense to me. If I can't figure how to make this work for me I'll go back to 6.1 (or install that overlay package from an earlier post).

Overall though, the rodium notifications, updated system, new key lock (YEAH!!!, just wish I didn't need to use a password?), and other new features are great...

I knows its a same major version release (still v6) so its more evolutionary than revolutionary, so I wasn't expecting much besides Titanium (which looks great).

PS. After two hours fiddling with titanium, I turned touchflo 3d back on and said screw it. TouchFlo (to me at least) is far more usable.
Radio: VzW Release 2 (v1.03.09V)
Old 04-21-2009, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

slickjestap is just getting started

I totally agree 6.5 seems like alot of work to get to the programs menu. It looks really cool but usability is just extremely poor. I like SPB 3.0 its fast as hell leaves a whole lot of memory to use and themes will be developed to make it cooler. I used 6.5 for like 2 days had a crazy memory leak on a few roms multiple hard resets so I said screw it.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

spiralspirit is becoming a great contributor

took me 2 minutes to get used to them and now I like them. Not sure if a non-honeycomb would be any different though. All the same to me more or less.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Definitely gotta fix this! Do you think this is a glitch in the versions we are using or is it simply the layout MS has designed?
I'm sure it's not by design. I bet it's fixed in the final version or sooner.

The only thing I really miss is the MRU.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro