PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Sound Quality BT Headset Expensive/Inexpensive?

I normally don't post but whatever... I didn't find a thread in the search and if there's one my bad.

I'm looking to purchase a Bluetooth headset today but I just don't want style/flashiness. I want the best headset that'll filter out the background noise, not just from my side but the other end of the call too. I've read that the Jawbone was pretty effective but I would also like to find out some inexpensive quality pieces too for my consideration. I'm sure everyone has their own preference but that's exactly what I'm trying to take into consideration. Any real suggestions are more than welcomed; any flaming or egangster acts will be ignored.

In addition, have anyone ever purchased a BT headset from Amazon.com? I saw the Motorola H710, H700 for like $26. I did a Google search and I haven't found anywhere that states if those pieces are good quality or not. I know some are used, some are listed as new for $26 and $43. Anyone know the deal with those, are they worth saving the extra money?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sound Quality BT Headset Expensive/Inexpensive?

Check on Blueant I have one and they work great with noise issue.http://www.myblueant.com/#
Old 04-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Tuffgong4 is keeping up the good workTuffgong4 is keeping up the good work

I would love to see what people suggest. I've NEVER had a BT headset that actually worked. I have 4 and they all stink.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW 6850
Carrier: VZW

BigDASH is a n00b

I bought a Motorola S9 and couldn't be happier. I bought it to go to the Gym with and as a bonus you can use it to talk. I spent less than $50 shipped from www.Newegg.com

There are some issues every now and again but for a wireless head phone/set combo I give it an 8 out of 10.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

The original Jawbone was great...at a high price though. Some thought it was too bulky but the new Jawbone 2 is junk IMHO. I got one and the sound was the worst. Better incoming sound but it made my voice quality really fuzzy/muffled to the people I called. Also the buttons were like mouse micro switches...way to easy to hang up on people adjusting the thing in my ear. So smaller size for the new one = less battery, less mics and less performance on the redesign. I gave it the FAIL grade and took it back to Best Buy after a week. I finally found my original receipt and got my original Jawbone replaced from Aliph. The Plantronics with the triangular looking mic boom is my next best pick since the Jawbone 1. It's another expensive one but the sound is great for BT, it's lightweight, and the case is an extra battery/charging station.

Last edited by fsp48; 04-17-2009 at 11:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

jimnutt is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jimnutt Send a message via MSN to jimnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jimnutt Send a message via Skype™ to jimnutt

I have the jawbone 2 and like it. only paid $70 for it on Amazon. The buttons are a bit of a pain compared to the jawbone 1, but i've gotten used to them now.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1
Threadstarter

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work

Thank you all for your replies/ suggestions... I've done a little more research and have narrowed my options to the BlueAnt V1/BlueAnt Z9i (which seem to not be sold in any stores in my area --Washington DC area--) ... Not sure about the MOTOROLA Motorokr S9I appreciate the suggestion though. I'm only going to be using it while I drive or when I'm around the house/playing a game but I don't think I want something that wrap around my neck.

I'm about to just pass on a BT headset and stick with the wires. I don't talk that much that I'll need one but if I buy one I want as close to good quality but of course don't want to pay 70+ lol... We'll see what happens.

Thanks again
Old 04-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

I have the Jawbone 2 and the plantronics 925 (I think it is. it's the triangle one mentioned above), and a blueant z9i.

My mini review:

JB2 is nice, but if it doesn't fit your face well, it's going to be the worst you ever had.

Plantronics is nice. Bit flashy, clear incoming and outgoing.

Z9I. You must do the firmware update. If you don't, it'll sound crappy on the TP. Afterwards, clear incoming and outgoing.

For pure noise cancellation, JB2 beats them both, but without a good fit, forget it.

I also have access to a Jabra BT3030 and the Motorola S9.

S9, it's ok. it's both bt headset and bt audio. The ear pieces are awkward and large and can cause your ears to be "sore" after a few hours use.

The Jabra BT3030 is also both a headset and bt audio. You CAN use any preferred earplugs with it as it uses a std 3.5 jack for output. Very clear output, but I've had some complaints of not being loud/scratchy when talking. I use it with some extremely $ headsets and it's surprisingly great for music.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro