PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: touch pro air chamber project (lol)

what I would like to see is an elaborate liquid cooling add on that fits inside the 3000mah battery cover
Old 04-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am going to make another. I am going to make it about 1/2" smaller from side to side and about 1/2" longer. I am also going to make it on a 30-45 degree incline.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

why don't you guys design one so that you can have the keyboard open? that helps keep it cooler

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

spivey8 is just getting started

You could take the fans off here and use them, this way you can use only 1 usb port for everything

Old 05-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

nice one I was looking for some 5v fans for the project. I just have been procrastinating on the actual purchase of a dock to hack apart. Lack of funding with my current living situation. Live by myself pay all the bills
Old 05-22-2009, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

However if you use a material that can get hot, the device will not work as well. You place the phone into a box? Would make more sense to have an open top of which air would simply blow from the bottom and blow the hot are from the phone on top.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

What about a battery door with holes to help airholes, like in the Sprint TouchPro2?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:17 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

careful with your voltage and amperage. the device will suck i think 3.7v or so and roughly 300 mah. dont want to undervoltage your device. also if the fan is under voltage then the process willl be underefficient.

If I were you. get a cheap adapter and use a stronger fan(s) and you will have better efficiency. of course this will take away portability. but you can always use batteries if this is an issue.

or perhaps a second usb cable?
Old 05-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
What about a battery door with holes to help airholes, like in the Sprint TouchPro2?

That's actually an excellent idea, wish i had a mill or at least a drill press handy!

anyone who has one of those at home could certainly make some $$$
Old 05-26-2009, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Wow! Nice job. Hey, if thats what it takes...

-I'm gonna have to agree with the person who recommended upgrading your radio. Additionally I don't even bother tethering unless I have full signal bars.

-I warmed up those 2 adhesive circles with my finger (The little ones covering the antenna ports) and slid them into the middle.
WARNING: i decided to slide them indtead of peeling them off because the little patches of electrical tape, that they touch, seem to have wires in them. Possibly part of the antenna. I practically scraped them off of my first TouchPro and my gps stopped working. I must have severed one of those wires.

-Finally, taking the battery cover off and placing it on a cold metal surface (or the granite window ledge at *bucks) works well enough for me.
Matter of fact, this last one has been good enough when using WMWifiRouter's 3G->Wifi connection. Normally I would have gotten so warm and inneficient that, even when plugged in, the battery would drain in 20-30 minutes.

Hope this helps some people

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro