PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So what's the best method of PAM (without getting caught?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Correct answer is, add PAM to your plan to avoid getting 'caught'.
Add PAM? NEVER!

I don't plan on heave or even light useage. I just want to know it's there if needed.

So technically both the WMWifi and the thethering thingy both work?
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:52 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

yes they both work. i only use it when my internet goes out for maintenance or something like that. otherwise i dont ever use it.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Correct answer is, add PAM to your plan to avoid getting 'caught'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
LOL.....I was going to say "Pay for It".....LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59 View Post
I was going to say the samething. There is enough problems with the different chefs getting accused of " stealing" OS secrets that they or this site doesn't need the carriers accusing people of promoting the theft of services. The FCC frowns on that.
if you guys are paying for pam then you are way better men then me. honestly i use the internet sharing reg tweak and it works perfectly. somone on here even created a cab which i can pm you if you want. i don't pam that often because i don't have a need but i do use it occasionaly. Sprint will not catch on nor do i think they care, but as someone said earlier, once you're over 5gb they will automatically catch on and charge you or stop your internet till you contact them.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:07 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'm giving the CORRECT answer. I'm not saying anything other then

The ONLY way to avoid being detected by your carrier for unpaid PAM use is to pay for PAM. Every carrier can easily detect the usage pattern difference between handset and PAM use, not by any particular NAI but simply by examining the bandwidth consumption rate, number and type of connections, etc.

So sure, its possible to go with the wink and nod we only do it now and then why pay for it yada yada thing. But don't kid yourself, no software or reg edit will hide your use. If your carrier decides to get all legal on you, hey presto you're caught.

So don't ask if you don't want to be told.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

so putting ways to get programs for free will not be tolerated on this site ( and shouldn't) but doing this is okay. sounds a little hypocritical
Old 04-09-2009, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT, DONT LAUGH TOO HARD

kaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use well over 5gb a month for the last 4 years and never got caught. Sprint some how messed up a few years back and they say I dont have a data plan. For whatever the reasons it doesnt show up on my bill or their computers. I use data every day, from sending pics to using the regular internet. I know several people who pam on the regular, but there is no stealth way or fix or hide. Like stated above if they want to catch they easily will. I remember on other forums people getting bills for 1-3 thousand dollars behind pam. It was out of no where and sprint did not budge
Old 04-09-2009, 12:33 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Closed check the other suggested threads for more information
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro