PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo
Carrier: Alltel

dyskinesia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 questions about TF3D links and one TXT question

just updated to mighty rom 4.16 and there are a few things that are different, wondering how to get them back.

1. I had some links below the internet tab in TF3D. Basically it was big internet button, youtube then a couple of other links on that tab. where do i go to put those back. answered in ost #4

2. programs tab. I have a program installed on the card that I am not able to choose for one of the slots on the program tab. where do I go to add this manually. I assume I make a shortcut and then choose that but I can't get it to allow me to choose individual files. I have one file that is a lnk and one that is .exe So I need a way to add both. answered in post #3

3. TXT notifications: previously when I got a txt message I would get a pop-up in whatever screen I was working in. Now it happens with email only fron one account but not from the other 2 or from txt messages. answered in post #2

Last edited by dyskinesia; 04-08-2009 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: 2 questions about TF3D links and one TXT question

3. Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications (tab)>Event: Messaging: New text message. Check the box that says "Display message on screen"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for #3
HERE'S THE ANSWER TO #2

Copy the LNK file to the windows/start menu/programs folder
...now it will be visible to choose from the TF3D programs tab.
worked Like a charm. Now that shortcut is also listed in your programs and ALL programs screen but small price to pay
Old 04-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

To get you internet links back, you should just be able to add them as bookmarks in opera. Navigate to the page you are interested in being a bookmark on your TF3D screen, press the screen to bring up the bottom bar, and then press the star button!

Going back to the UC thread from the other day, there is also a bookmarks file you can back up, as well as the registry settings for your program launcher tab. You can also have sashimi copy that shortcut link for you, so it is taken care of automatically as well!
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Last edited by parkjam; 04-06-2009 at 02:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Funny it did fix it I didn't import bookmarks yet because I'm still tweaking had I done it I would have figured it out

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro