PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My touch pro mod - L.E.Ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i'm still laughing! now, just between us, did you really make a funny?( come on, i won't tell...)
Hehe, it was in all seriousness a Joke. 100% on purpose. As I've said before I have some experience with these soldering thingies.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

bigshady is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigshady is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigshady is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigshady is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Ok, I know how to solder, but how did you manage THAT? What type of solder did you use? Or did you just use the same solder that was already on the board? and how much space is between the contacts for each LED?

Plus, are their any warranty stickers that need to be broken?
You need to add a little more rosin core solder. There is about this much - space between contacts. You have to take the whole phone apart to be able to get the front keyboard out. There is a sticker over one of the back screws , but not sure if its a warranty sticker. After doing the mod im sure you won't have to worry about the warranty because new l.e.ds will void it.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

chris5h is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchris5h is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchris5h is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Looks great. Reminds me of my old Nextel modding days.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor

This might not work, but I remember reading a long time ago on how to MOD LED lighting without soldering. Basically, you took some plastic that was the color that you wanted and put it on top of the LED. I don't know if there is enough space in there to do that but it might help...also, if it works, you could take it out if you needed to take it back for an exchange.

Perhaps taking a sharpie of the desired color might also do it.

Again, IDK if that will work, but it was in a tut. that I saw a long time ago.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:49 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

That looks amazing - and is how it should have been originally... at least the send and end lights.

I'd love to do this, but I'm on my 4th TP now and the hardware keyboard just stopped working on this one too, so it has to go back. I just have horrible luck with these things, doing anything to void the warranty that isn't easily reversed is a bit like throwing out insurance and condemning myself to buying a new TP in about a month.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
That looks amazing - and is how it should have been originally... at least the send and end lights.
thats the one comendable thing about my verizon tp, that it came wwith the send/end keys like that
Old 04-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
thats the one comendable thing about my verizon tp, that it came wwith the send/end keys like that
I knew there had to be one good thing about those phones! :P

J/k.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:08 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

looks awesome

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 04-06-2009, 03:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

samurai1200 is a n00b

Wow, amazing job. If I may toot my own horn for a moment, I am pretty damned skilled at soldering (i work with 0402 sized SMT stuff on a regular basis... resistors are basically the size of 3 grains of sand), but I am just far too nervous for this sort of thing... voiding my warranty and insurance and all just for some colors? gah, almost seems worth it. keyword being "almost". if you break those surface mount ribbon cables, you're pretty much screwed.

again, great job man.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:07 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

Nastradamus is a n00b

nice mod.. VERY unique! i would get em in blue if i could do this. I know how to solder but i dont have the required "mad skill" for me to perform this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro