PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 03:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Wasney is keeping up the good workWasney is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
scheduled SBP Backup

No matter what I do I can not get it to run when scheduled. It locks up at "Preparing." And if I do have it set for a schedule it will freeze when I run manually. The only way it works is if I run it manually, with scheduling disabled.

Any SBP Backup users here? I need a way to auto backup my Touch Pro. I forgot to manually backup when I was flashing...and was very disapointed. Had to use a week old backup. So I need a way so this never happens!

UPDATE: I was able to get scheduled backup working. I had to disable s2u2 (and iLock). Kind of sucks tho, having to kill these for scheduling to run. I am still unable to run SBP manually if I have it scheduled. I am ok with that. Just not liking that I can not have s2u2 running when it is time for a scheduled backup.

Last edited by Wasney; 03-31-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333
Re: scheduled SBP Backup

I use the program, but I never had this problem.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the program and seeing if that fixes the issues you're having?

-Keir-
Old 03-31-2009, 03:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I was able to get scheduled backup working. I had to disable s2u2 (and iLock). Kind of sucks tho, having to kill these for scheduling to run. I am still unable to run SBP manually if I have it scheduled. I am ok with that. Just not liking that I can not have s2u2 running when it is time for a scheduled backup.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Weird. I am now unable to get it to backup at all. Doing a reinstall...

And still wont work...dangit...
Old 03-31-2009, 04:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasney View Post
I was able to get scheduled backup working. I had to disable s2u2 (and iLock). Kind of sucks tho, having to kill these for scheduling to run. I am still unable to run SBP manually if I have it scheduled. I am ok with that. Just not liking that I can not have s2u2 running when it is time for a scheduled backup.
Yeah that does suck.

So do you shut off s2u2 before you know it will be performing a scheduled backup, and then turn it back on after it's done?

How often do you have it scheduled to do a backup?

-Keir-
Old 03-31-2009, 04:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, I wanted it to backup once a day, at night. Since I change stuff and flash alot. But as of now, I think I might give up on SBP. I cannot get it to backup anymore. I have reinstalled and such. Still no luck. And nothing is changed from the last time I got it working.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, tossed out SBP and got Sprite. Works with s2u2 and everything on my tp.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Yea, for some reason SPB seems to have major compatibility problems with the TouchPro for some reason. I have both SPB & Sprite, I paid for both programs.

When I had my Titan's, I thought SPB was awesome & used it all the time (& rarely used Sprite at all) Now, in my three TP's it is just the opposite however.

Sprite's latest version works PERFECTLY in my TP's (I've probably restored 30 times with it) & SPB definitely does not. EVERY SINGLE RESTORE I did with SPB in the TP had problems of one kind or another.........In another thread we had going a while back on this subject, there where a bunch of other posters reporting the exact same findings as I did.

~John
Old 03-31-2009, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah, I read the other thread and such. Just no one mentioned using the scheduled backups. I am still unable to get SBP to do a scheduled backup, or anything right now. But Sprite works great. I had it do a test scheduled last night, worked great. Then I set it to do one every morning, that worked as well. So now I have a very dependable backup schedule. Yay.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro