PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: sprint

kholy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
when connecting phone "Internet Sharing" Help

So when i connect my phone to my PC i get 3 options, disk, active sync, and internet sharing.

Well internet sharing caught my eye because i have a Dock in my car which connects to my CarPC and i would like to share the internet between my TouchPro and my car.

Well i tried this option "internet sharing" at my work pc.. and all it did was connect to active sync like before. do i need a program like pdanet or will it work with internet sharing
Old 03-30-2009, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

bugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuff
Re: when connecting phone "Internet Sharing" Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholy View Post
So when i connect my phone to my PC i get 3 options, disk, active sync, and internet sharing.

Well internet sharing caught my eye because i have a Dock in my car which connects to my CarPC and i would like to share the internet between my TouchPro and my car.

Well i tried this option "internet sharing" at my work pc.. and all it did was connect to active sync like before. do i need a program like pdanet or will it work with internet sharing
This works for the Fuze on AT&T: http://www.fuzemobility.com/att-fuze...ing-revisited/
I think it will work for all carriers as well though if you want to try it out
Old 03-31-2009, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BurgsideTiger is keeping up the good workBurgsideTiger is keeping up the good work

follow these steps.

do this before u plug the usb into your phone

the first thing u need to do is open the internet explorer browser from your programs menu, and let a webpage load. just takes a sec.

keep the explorer open and click the start button again and go into your programs and open the internet sharing program.

when it pops up, on the bottom left corner, click connect. it should then say check usb connection.

this is when you plug in the usb connection and bingo.....your golden!!!

if this doesnt work, then that means internet sharing is disabled on your phone and there is a fix for that. just search for it on here, wont take long, there are about 5000000 posts about it.
personally im not a fan of the reach around either. its not that per se, but more whats going on behind!. i hope you meant they always give you the run around, cuz if not, id avoid that store altogether!
Old 04-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp

On every rom i have ever run, i plug my phone in, it starts to connect to active sync, it asks the three options, i click internet sharing and it disconnects active sync and tethers... basic stuff kevin!
Old 04-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholy View Post

Make sure you run the internet sharing hack if you are on a stock ROM. Otherwise your provider will know that you are tethering and their heads will explode if your not paying for it.
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro