PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: sprint

canek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help: How To Tweak With The Registry Keys

IM NEW TO THE SITE AND NEW TO TOUCH PRO AS WELL.....I SEEN HOW NICE A TOUCH PRO TWEAKED OUT WORKS AND LOOKS BUT I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE SOME SETTINGS OR WHERE TO FIND THEM....FOR EXAMPLE TO CHANGE TOUCHFLO SENSITIVITY YOU HAVE TO GO HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings HERE. WHERE EXACTLY CAN I FIND THIS ON THE PHONE OR HOW CAN I FIND THIS COMMAND. SORRY FOR ALL THE TROUBLE THIS MAY CAUSE BUT I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS IN THE RIGHT FORUM....I WOULD APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET ON MY ISSUE.....WHATS A HKEY????
Old 03-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Help: How To Tweak With The Registry Keys

holy crap, I swear some people need to have their caps lock key forcibly removed.

You need a registry editor, like PHM Registry Editor. They are textual entries located in a vast array of directories such as you pointed out with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings. Using the registry editor you can edit the data and change the values. Careful with adjusting random values though as they can seriously screw up some parts of the phone if you edit the wrong things.

PHMRegEdit
http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=31
Old 03-24-2009, 07:13 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
holy crap, I swear some people need to have their caps lock key forcibly removed.

You need a registry editor, like PHM Registry Editor. They are textual entries located in a vast array of directories such as you pointed out with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings. Using the registry editor you can edit the data and change the values. Careful with adjusting random values though as they can seriously screw up some parts of the phone if you edit the wrong things.

PHMRegEdit
http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=31
Look at their post again, you can see that their computer can do lower case lettering!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

canek is a n00b

Thanks for the help...hopefully this will help me alittle bit more
sorry about the cap locks but as u can see it does work. So after installing that program on the phone i should be able to change the settings right?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by canek View Post
Thanks for the help...hopefully this will help me alittle bit more
sorry about the cap locks but as u can see it does work. So after installing that program on the phone i should be able to change the settings right?
canek, here are several programs that you can install that will make tweaking your TP alittle easier than messing with the registry till you get familiar with it. Now on the Diamond TFL3D Config Tool, open it up and delete the "O" Tweaks and it will work fine on your Touch Pro.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 03-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

canek is a n00b
Smile Re: Help: How To Tweak With The Registry Keys

hey thanks for the hlep eveyone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro