PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61926)

stemo76 06-04-2009 11:57 AM

Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

maybe there is some hope. This is what I received from Verizon today when I complained to them via email.
"
Good Morning. Thank you for contacting me via email. I am sorry that your Sprint phone quit working. I know this must be frustrating for you. My name is John and I am happy to assist you.

The issue with activating a phone designed to operate on a different carrier’s network is more complex than simply making sure they both use CDMA technology. The phones are programmed to look for their respective carrier’s cellular equipment. Your phone may have worked for a little while on your account, but was most likely using Sprint’s network. In order to use your phone on our network, it needs to be programmed to do so.

Verizon Wireless works with customers to activate non-Verizon Wireless devices for the customer’s retail use on existing or new voice calling plans so long as the device is compatible with our network.

To start the process, please visit a Verizon Wireless retail store. To obtain a list of stores in your area, please visit the following link: www.verizonwireless.com/storelocator

Please bring the following information/items with you:

• Battery
• AC charger
• The unlocked handset
• Lock code (if changed from default code)

The process will take a minimum of three weeks and you will need to return to the store to complete the activation. We cannot guarantee that a non-Verizon Wireless device will be able to function on our network.

Stephen, I hope you find the information I have provided on how to activate your Sprint Touch Pro on our network to be useful. I appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this email.

Have a great week! "

I have nothing to loose so I am going to print this off and send my phone in.

zikronix 06-04-2009 12:54 PM

the day that verizon kicks any phone off their network that i use...will indeed the last penny that they see from me for ever...you think im joking...in 1998 i made a commitment to not give sony electronics a dime of my money. 10 years strong...I will not even consider making a sony purchase. This is how the want to treat customers that have been customers since they were AirTouch. Ive had the same phone number since 1994...we can play this game.

helix139 06-04-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stemo76 (Post 954373)
maybe there is some hope. This is what I received from Verizon today when I complained to them via email.
"
Good Morning. Thank you for contacting me via email. I am sorry that your Sprint phone quit working. I know this must be frustrating for you. My name is John and I am happy to assist you.

The issue with activating a phone designed to operate on a different carrier’s network is more complex than simply making sure they both use CDMA technology. The phones are programmed to look for their respective carrier’s cellular equipment. Your phone may have worked for a little while on your account, but was most likely using Sprint’s network. In order to use your phone on our network, it needs to be programmed to do so.

Verizon Wireless works with customers to activate non-Verizon Wireless devices for the customer’s retail use on existing or new voice calling plans so long as the device is compatible with our network.

To start the process, please visit a Verizon Wireless retail store. To obtain a list of stores in your area, please visit the following link: www.verizonwireless.com/storelocator

Please bring the following information/items with you:

• Battery
• AC charger
• The unlocked handset
• Lock code (if changed from default code)

The process will take a minimum of three weeks and you will need to return to the store to complete the activation. We cannot guarantee that a non-Verizon Wireless device will be able to function on our network.

Stephen, I hope you find the information I have provided on how to activate your Sprint Touch Pro on our network to be useful. I appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this email.

Have a great week! "

I have nothing to loose so I am going to print this off and send my phone in.

They will simply send your device off to the testing center, who will refuse to activate it because it isn't approved.

TrainSafe 06-04-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helix139 (Post 954605)
They will simply send your device off to the testing center, who will refuse to activate it because it isn't approved.

That is a possibility, but the tone of VZW's email makes it sound like this is simply a programming issue, and that sending the phone away will be required for programming. Nowhere does the email say that there is any type of testing or approval process.

I know, I know. This is only one employee's perspective. However, he makes me believe that verizon has somewhat of an open network. That creates some optimism for me.

jmorton10 06-04-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helix139 (Post 954605)

Exactly.

I have a spare Sprint TP sitting here all programmed & ready to go on VZ(just like the one I use everyday) but it won't activate at this time because the MEID is not in their data base.

If a tech added it to the DB for me, it would activate instantly & work just fine (just llike the one I activated back in November using the old procedure)

~John

TrainSafe 06-04-2009 03:06 PM

This may be a dumb question, but that's never stopped me before. Are there any Verizon techs hanging around here?

tripflex 06-04-2009 05:43 PM

hah...i talked with them today about our corporate account and they basically told me i was SOL. I pretty much threatened to terminate our account with them and they wouldn't do it...i told him i had a friend who has one working right now and basically said "you can do it, you just wont" and he kept repeating the same thing over and over again "sorry sir, right now we do not support that phone" .... such bs. Another reason verizon should burn in hell.

TrainSafe 06-05-2009 06:58 PM

I just spoke with another tech in my continued efforts to complete this process. she contacted a subject matter expert to help guide her on how to add an MEID to the database. She then informed me that Verizon has a document with a matrix of acceptable devices that can be added. No HTC devices are approved. she said that the document is recent. When I asked if she'd share the document, she said no it was proprietary.

If accurate, this might be the death of our attempts.

oz923 06-08-2009 02:57 AM

sorry, this is a little off topic from recent posts. i purchased a Sprint TP in january and had a friend help me convert it to work on the Verizon network. however, this weekend i switched over to a blackberry since my company will pay for the services. i want to sell the spring TP since i spent more than a pretty penny on it. how would i go about with programming the phone back to stock so that i can sell it?

as you can see, this is my first post and an not all that familiar with the programming. i did go through the steps of the conversion back in january, but i don't remember much. thanks.

tripflex 06-08-2009 09:30 AM

Just reflash the stock ROM onto the phone then you should be good to go