PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 10:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Shunned is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 From Sprint With Threading MMS

original question (new page we are on)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunned View Post
I think im having some issues with this. I run a stock ROM, and did everything that was posted in the first post. (I have a TP) But I dont recieve any picturemails anymore. It shows that it is infact changed to mms/sms style (i also have a palm treo but prefer the TP) and I ask my friends to send me picture mails so i can test it. but nothing is coming thru.

Is anyone else having this problem. I ran the removal, soft reset, installed new arcsoft, soft reset. but im lost...any help would be great.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
Are you receiving them on the Picture Mail website?

I just checked the website, and yes it appears they are showing up there, just not to my phone.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

DrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The only thing any will be able to suggest to you then, as far as Arcsoft goes, is to once again uninstall, soft reset, run the remover cab, soft reset, reinstall, soft reset.

No idea why, but for some people this just doesn't seem to work. Most though, as far as I can tell, have success either initially or after a couple of tries.

I'm sure there must be some reasoning, some link, etc... since for me it has always worked on the first try (and I flash quite a bit between different ROMs... stock included).
Old 05-25-2009, 09:08 AM
N00b

Shunned is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
The only thing any will be able to suggest to you then, as far as Arcsoft goes, is to once again uninstall, soft reset, run the remover cab, soft reset, reinstall, soft reset.

No idea why, but for some people this just doesn't seem to work. Most though, as far as I can tell, have success either initially or after a couple of tries.

I'm sure there must be some reasoning, some link, etc... since for me it has always worked on the first try (and I flash quite a bit between different ROMs... stock included).

again thanks for your help, i will try this again.

quick question, when I install the remover, is that all I gotta do or do I need to click on anything else after it installs? Cuz I cant seem to find out where it installs it too.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

DrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
again thanks for your help, i will try this again.

quick question, when I install the remover, is that all I gotta do or do I need to click on anything else after it installs? Cuz I cant seem to find out where it installs it too.
Installing/running it is all you do.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I think im having some issues with this. I run a stock ROM, and did everything that was posted in the first post. (I have a TP) But I dont recieve any picturemails anymore. It shows that it is infact changed to mms/sms style (i also have a palm treo but prefer the TP) and I ask my friends to send me picture mails so i can test it. but nothing is coming thru.

Is anyone else having this problem. I ran the removal, soft reset, installed new arcsoft, soft reset. but im lost...any help would be great.

Thanks
Here's something I forgot to do on my b/f's touchpro... be sure you have your text messages set to 'threaded' BEFORE you install arcsoft. I had threaded mode already on my Diamond so didn't think when I went to put it on his TP... though the install said successful and the sms/mms showed on the text box we could not receive nor send pics (the insert was grayed out).

Fix was, use the uninstaller again to remove arcsoft. go to Start/Settings/system/Text Messaging and click to use threaded text style. Reinstall arcsoft.... and Golden!

BrennB
Old 05-25-2009, 12:46 PM
N00b

Shunned is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Here's something I forgot to do on my b/f's touchpro... be sure you have your text messages set to 'threaded' BEFORE you install arcsoft. I had threaded mode already on my Diamond so didn't think when I went to put it on his TP... though the install said successful and the sms/mms showed on the text box we could not receive nor send pics (the insert was grayed out).

Fix was, use the uninstaller again to remove arcsoft. go to Start/Settings/system/Text Messaging and click to use threaded text style. Reinstall arcsoft.... and Golden!

yeah i already had it on threaded format. I mean im not even getting the inserts or anything. Just nothing coming through to my phone, apparently it makes it to the website, but not to my phone.

Heres what ive done multiply times, all running on a stock ROM. Uninstall , soft reset, run remover, soft reset, reinstall, soft reset, had people send me regular text --those come thru. have them send me a picture mail, nothing comes thru.

thanks for everyones help though.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Have you tried sending yourself a picture From the website? And/or sending yourself your website password from the website? Sometimes that sets it

Also are you saying if you go to SEND a picmail from the sms tab and click on menu/insert does it allow you to insert? If no, then try this. Uninstall, then go to the text messaging settings and uncheck the threaded. soft reset. run uninstaller again, then check the threaded box again, do not soft reset. Now run the arcsoft, then soft reset. See if you got the "insert" option in your new message box. If you have the insert option then arc soft is running correctly and you should receive pics.
If you already can insert/send pics then ummm sorry for the long post!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
original question (new page we are on)

I just checked the website, and yes it appears they are showing up there, just not to my phone.
Power off your device, take out the battery, hold down the power button for a few seconds, and place the battery back in. Try MMS. That fixed it for me when I had a similar problem.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Still a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
Power off your device, take out the battery, hold down the power button for a few seconds, and place the battery back in. Try MMS. That fixed it for me when I had a similar problem.
seriously?
Old 05-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

kcrowe is a n00b

Ok. So I got it installed, but have a few questions.

I get the pic. It shows up in my SMS/MMS list. I can click on it and it tells me the size, who its from, when it expires, etc. However the download text is grayed out for about the first hour I have the message.

Then I click download, and it takes forever to download the pic. Is this normal?

I could view pics quicker with Sprint's Picture Mail.

Is there something I am not doing?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro