PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How to hard reset WITHOUT using the stylus, reset button, or the "clear storage" app. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61326)

puff 03-20-2009 01:33 PM

Re: How to hard reset WITHOUT using the stylus, reset button, or the "clear storage"

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhettoBSD (Post 775795)
what page does it say that in the manual?

i MUST have skipped it when i was searching for it. thanks

page 126 :D in the Sprint User Guide

puff 03-20-2009 01:36 PM

Re: How to hard reset WITHOUT using the stylus, reset button, or the "clear storage"

Quote:

Originally Posted by x99percent (Post 775641)
PREPARE:

from user guide:
If Encrypt files when placed on a storage card is enabled, back up all files from the microSD card before
using Clear Storage, hard reset, or updating the ROM system software. Otherwise you will no longer be
able to access the encrypted files on the microSD card. Use ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center
to transfer files between your microSD card and computer. After the procedure, copy those files back to
the microSD card.

1 - With the phone ON and running, hold down the power button.
2 - You should get a message box asking if you really want to turn off the phone. Click "Yes".
3 - At this point, your phone is completely powered down.
3a - If you are unable to get to this point, just yank the battery and reinstall it WITHOUT turning the phone back on.

THE RESET:

4 - Hold down the "Volume Down" and "Center" buttons. Do NOT let go.
5 - Hold down the power button. WAIT.
6 - You should now see the hard reset dialog, "This operation will delete all of your personal data...".
7 - You can now let go of the three buttons.
8 - Press "Volume Up" if you wish to reset, or something else to abort.

Enjoy!

Just a suggestion.... :)

GhettoBSD 03-20-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 785613)

puff, you know i don't read, if i can't figure it out on my own then it's too hard! =D>

x99percent 03-20-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 785620)
Just a suggestion.... :)

Updated first post. :)

puff 03-20-2009 11:59 PM

good lookin out x99percent ;-)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GhettoBSD (Post 785810)
puff, you know i don't read, if i can't figure it out on my own then it's too hard! =D>

hehe, you asked a question... i merely provided the answer :D

GhettoBSD 03-21-2009 03:05 AM

haha no really, i don't really read lol i kinda surprise myself when i realize how much i know :P

That's how i determine if a computer program was well written; if i can figure it out + if not - lol

selders59 03-21-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 785613)

:violent2:This shows how much the "Sprint Techs" read the manual too. Because they told me to:
1) Hold down power button and volume down button.
2) Hold down center button and insert stylus into reset hole.
I guess the Sprint guys should read the manual also.

jetjock_fl 03-21-2009 08:45 PM

I'm 5 states away from my manual....THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS

puff 03-21-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhettoBSD (Post 787106)
haha no really, i don't really read lol i kinda surprise myself when i realize how much i know :P

That's how i determine if a computer program was well written; if i can figure it out + if not - lol

its like having deja vu and amnesia all at the same time...
you know i keep thinking i forgot this before... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by selders59 (Post 787141)
:violent2:This shows how much the "Sprint Techs" read the manual too. Because they told me to:
1) Hold down power button and volume down button.
2) Hold down center button and insert stylus into reset hole.
I guess the Sprint guys should read the manual also.

That procedure (as complicated /difficult as it may be) should also invoke a hard reset.
From what I've seen, it appears the 'trigger' is when those 3 keys (power + vol down+ circle)are held during the boot up
Either method should invoke the hard reset as long as the 3 keys are held down during boot up :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetjock_fl (Post 788259)
I'm 5 states away from my manual....THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS

hehe, if u really want you can access it online here :evil4:

fat boy 03-22-2009 12:10 AM

thanks to the OP for this, i don't need it now but who knows