PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Something is draining my battery and i cant figure out what it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstone86 View Post
like three bars. my service area does switch from 3v to 1x from time to time.
That is it. My guess is you are losing your Sprint signal and the phone goes off searching and finds a roaming(don't think there is an obvious way to tell you are roaming on the TP) 1X signal from someone else. Now since it is roaming, it begins constantly looking for a Sprint tower again, to get back onto the network. That constant/added searching for the Sprint tower and changeover searching, is what's killing your battery.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 03-06-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
That is it. My guess is you are losing your Sprint signal and the phone goes off searching and finds a roaming(don't think there is an obvious way to tell you are roaming on the TP) 1X signal from someone else. Now since it is roaming, it begins constantly looking for a Sprint tower again, to get back onto the network. That constant/added searching for the Sprint tower and changeover searching, is what's killing your battery.
So EV means you are on the Sprint network and 1X means you are roaming?

I ask because i have the issue with the battery also. It sucks.

Also, when you have "data" turned on in the comm manager, does that run your battery excessively too? Like what I mean is, does it automatically connect when you receive a text or message, therefore it would be smarter to leave it of, rather than all the time?
Old 03-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigndropz View Post
So EV means you are on the Sprint network and 1X means you are roaming?

I ask because i have the issue with the battery also. It sucks.

Also, when you have "data" turned on in the comm manager, does that run your battery excessively too? Like what I mean is, does it automatically connect when you receive a text or message, therefore it would be smarter to leave it of, rather than all the time?
Not necessarily. He "could" still be on Sprint's network, but since 3G is available in his area, if he's getting a signal it would most likely show as EV(3G), if he's on the Sprint network, not 1X. If he is on 1X, he is likely on someone elses network. The problem stems from no obvious roaming indicator on the TP.

I'm not sure about the leaving data off part because I'm not sure of the drain difference when on 1X mode vs 3G.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 03-06-2009 at 04:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:14 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

I have had 3 Touch Pros and they all had roaming indicators in the form of the little "triangle" icon in the status bar. Or did I miss something?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro