PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: the most bizarre GPS problem

1.03.15f

based on what Freeza said above, im screwed... could i upgrade to see if that fixes it? Does this mean it is a hardware problem or what, why would it work so well and then just one day not?
Old 02-28-2009, 06:32 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.. I also had this problem on juicy 4.11, but It went away when I uninstalled live search. not sure what the problem was, but I believe it's the newer ver(s) of L.S.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

I dont even think I have MS live search on my phone, what is the EXCACT name that it appears in the program folder (or better yet where on device is the exe stored, the shortcut may be deleted.)

I updated the quick gps and so far so good, I will report back if its a for sure fix or not.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

dead.bolt is keeping up the good workdead.bolt is keeping up the good work

the lock for 5 seconds then soft reset happened to me on mightyrom 4.12...

i actually installed memmaid and it messed with some registry settings, not sure what but reflashed the rom, didn't mess with memmaid at all and have had no issues with GPS since.

EDIT...

didn't have any GPS issues prior to using memmaid, radio is 1.07.01v, flashed many roms before so gotta think it's a reg value that was messed with as there were no previous issues. so just try to reflash the same rom then hard reset but don't downgrade or upgrade your radio...

Last edited by dead.bolt; 02-28-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Same thing happened to me using Sprint Diamond leaked version, the phone would lock up and then soft reset everytime I tried using the gps. Luckily I just receieved a new phone from Sprint for an unrelated problem.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

N_ENNIS2K4 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to N_ENNIS2K4

ok so i have 1.03 firmware...but everything seems to be working fine now. I used memaid to clean up a bit and i tested with iguidance 2009, tomtom7 and google maps. All seems well. My phone is configured exactly the way i want it to be and would suck to get it replace and put it back to how i want it.

Are we sure its a hardware issue? Because i cannot replicate the issue to get this replaced
Old 02-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_ENNIS2K4 View Post
ok so i have 1.03 firmware...but everything seems to be working fine now. I used memaid to clean up a bit and i tested with iguidance 2009, tomtom7 and google maps. All seems well. My phone is configured exactly the way i want it to be and would suck to get it replace and put it back to how i want it.

Are we sure its a hardware issue? Because i cannot replicate the issue to get this replaced
is memaid a program that you run once in a while (like a defrag on a pc) or something that you use to monitor memmory at all time>?
Old 03-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

N_ENNIS2K4 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to N_ENNIS2K4

i usually run memmaid to clear temp files, cache , memory. hopefully i'm good for now
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_ENNIS2K4 View Post
i usually run memmaid to clear temp files, cache , memory. hopefully i'm good for now
I ran memmaid and I seem to be ok for now. I had read that old/bad Quick GPS data can cause this but I still had a freeze (soft resets and power button not waking device up) after getting fresh data w/o ever even opening GPS Tool or Garmin XT. I will have to wait and see what happens over the next few days but I don think its the phone or radio. I think flashing may clear that bad data out which makes it appear to be the ROM or radio. I will be buying Memmaid...i like it now that I have used it. Good stuff
Old 03-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
I ran memmaid and I seem to be ok for now. I had read that old/bad Quick GPS data can cause this but I still had a freeze (soft resets and power button not waking device up) after getting fresh data w/o ever even opening GPS Tool or Garmin XT. I will have to wait and see what happens over the next few days but I don think its the phone or radio. I think flashing may clear that bad data out which makes it appear to be the ROM or radio. I will be buying Memmaid...i like it now that I have used it. Good stuff
Dont know where I got that bit of advice on the Quick GPS but updated my data and have had flawless GPS now for two days, will report back if any thing changes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro