PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 01:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
Re: Official Keyboard Lag Thread

I can definately tell you that it sure did make a huge difference. It would take a bothering and noticable amount of time for my text to finish on screen after I've stopped typing. I tried this prior to the reg. edit a couple times for testing purposes and my device was running with everything I normally used still in RAM. I then installed the .cab, did a couple things on my phone and reset. I loaded just about everything I normally do once the device is turned on and, sure enough, when I started hacking away on my KB, it made me smile cuz I'm no longer bothered by a lag. This is the truth! It's odd how it's hit or miss for some of you and that sucks!
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Last edited by wILLk0r3 818; 04-01-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mofotrucker is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to mofotrucker Send a message via Yahoo to mofotrucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 View Post
I used the SPJ cab fix and it sure worked for me! I'm running Mighty 4.13. I tested the lag from before to after and WHOA it can keep up with me no problem!!
anybody have a link to the cab?

Trying to get a job as Technical Consultant, Service and Repair at a Sprint store in El Paso, Tx Wish me luck
Old 04-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

Check out TaylorSPJ's post in this thread on page one, post #3. CLICK HERE. Thank him if it worked 'cuz it worked perfectly for me!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pocket
Carrier: sprint

jupiter is becoming a great contributor

installed the new Vito 1.2 SMS application and theres zero lag when typing text messages.

still super lag tho when using stock 6.1 sms application
Old 05-17-2009, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

After reading the entire thread, I would, humbly, like to add to the information flow. I am a power business user and run push email on my tp. I use the device, almost exclusively, for my business email and only the hw keyboard when I am not connected to my laptop (which is alot) nad I use Pocket Controller Pro when I am connected.

This is not an opinion, just what I've experienced and this information is just the drop in the bucket for developers to use. Whith both the stock ROM and a couple of the amazing custom ROM's, I have experienced lagging in POP3 email, Exchange email, SMS texting (I use it, extensively, for business purposes), and Office Mobile applications. I find it very annoying. Something I have noticed that I didn't see mentioned is that mine will lag and when it catches up, it doesn't catch up, completely. In other words, it doesn't make it to the word I stopped on after noticing that it was lagging.

Another thing I noticed, that I didn't see mentioned and I think is extremely important, is that when I am typing anything using Pocket Controller Pro there is no lag. I will add that I may not have been as sensitive to it while using PCP and may not have noticed it. I beleive I would have, though. I do alot more emails, etc. on the actual phone that with PCP because if I am using PCP it is way after working hours. I don't have an office, so everything I do is through exchange and only connect to Exchange through the TP.

Because of this, I am inclined to think that this problem could definately be associated with drivers, due to the differences between using the hw keyboard on the device and PCP using my laptop keyboard. I am not looking for any approvals or disapprovals and definately no flames because this is only my experience. I just thought it might be relavent to the code writers. My daughter experiences the same lag on her Mogul, btw, as did I.

Hope this helps the awsome programmers and if it did, I wouldn't mind a thanks!

matt
Old 05-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
After reading the entire thread, I would, humbly, like to add to the information flow. I am a power business user and run push email on my tp. I use the device, almost exclusively, for my business email and only the hw keyboard when I am not connected to my laptop (which is alot) nad I use Pocket Controller Pro when I am connected.

This is not an opinion, just what I've experienced and this information is just the drop in the bucket for developers to use. Whith both the stock ROM and a couple of the amazing custom ROM's, I have experienced lagging in POP3 email, Exchange email, SMS texting (I use it, extensively, for business purposes), and Office Mobile applications. I find it very annoying. Something I have noticed that I didn't see mentioned is that mine will lag and when it catches up, it doesn't catch up, completely. In other words, it doesn't make it to the word I stopped on after noticing that it was lagging.

Another thing I noticed, that I didn't see mentioned and I think is extremely important, is that when I am typing anything using Pocket Controller Pro there is no lag. I will add that I may not have been as sensitive to it while using PCP and may not have noticed it. I beleive I would have, though. I do alot more emails, etc. on the actual phone that with PCP because if I am using PCP it is way after working hours. I don't have an office, so everything I do is through exchange and only connect to Exchange through the TP.

Because of this, I am inclined to think that this problem could definately be associated with drivers, due to the differences between using the hw keyboard on the device and PCP using my laptop keyboard. I am not looking for any approvals or disapprovals and definately no flames because this is only my experience. I just thought it might be relavent to the code writers. My daughter experiences the same lag on her Mogul, btw, as did I.

Hope this helps the awsome programmers and if it did, I wouldn't mind a thanks!

matt
It's definitely the HTC drivers. No2chem posted that on his blog awhile back.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

How the freak do I get rid of word suggestion? it's driving me nuts. I am on Caulkin's newest 6.5 rom. Usually there is a 3rd row where you can uncheck word suggestion, but the input panel only has 2 rows. I tried the disable Xt9 cab found in this thread but that didn't work. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:43 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Using Psyki's v3 rom I get zero to no keyboard lag at all, its awesome!

Old 05-19-2009, 01:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Cool Re: Official Keyboard Lag Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
How the freak do I get rid of word suggestion? it's driving me nuts. I am on Caulkin's newest 6.5 rom. Usually there is a 3rd row where you can uncheck word suggestion, but the input panel only has 2 rows. I tried the disable Xt9 cab found in this thread but that didn't work. Thanks in advance!
Go to start settings then input, here you will go to word completion and uncheck the box it says "Suggest words when entering text".

I hope this helps.

Giovanny
Old 05-19-2009, 01:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
Using Psyki's v3 rom I get zero to no keyboard lag at all, its awesome!
I was just going to say something hehe. I do try out other roms just to test them out but often don't spend enough time to look for all the bugs or fixes I know of. But I have about 1000 texts on my phone and there's hardly any lag at all, if anything it might be a few characters behind my typing. I'm not trying to derail this thread, but can anyone else who uses PsykiROM confirm or deny?

Like my work? Hit

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro