View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 11:50 PM
1999TL
Android Convert

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: Official Keyboard Lag Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
After reading the entire thread, I would, humbly, like to add to the information flow. I am a power business user and run push email on my tp. I use the device, almost exclusively, for my business email and only the hw keyboard when I am not connected to my laptop (which is alot) nad I use Pocket Controller Pro when I am connected.

This is not an opinion, just what I've experienced and this information is just the drop in the bucket for developers to use. Whith both the stock ROM and a couple of the amazing custom ROM's, I have experienced lagging in POP3 email, Exchange email, SMS texting (I use it, extensively, for business purposes), and Office Mobile applications. I find it very annoying. Something I have noticed that I didn't see mentioned is that mine will lag and when it catches up, it doesn't catch up, completely. In other words, it doesn't make it to the word I stopped on after noticing that it was lagging.

Another thing I noticed, that I didn't see mentioned and I think is extremely important, is that when I am typing anything using Pocket Controller Pro there is no lag. I will add that I may not have been as sensitive to it while using PCP and may not have noticed it. I beleive I would have, though. I do alot more emails, etc. on the actual phone that with PCP because if I am using PCP it is way after working hours. I don't have an office, so everything I do is through exchange and only connect to Exchange through the TP.

Because of this, I am inclined to think that this problem could definately be associated with drivers, due to the differences between using the hw keyboard on the device and PCP using my laptop keyboard. I am not looking for any approvals or disapprovals and definately no flames because this is only my experience. I just thought it might be relavent to the code writers. My daughter experiences the same lag on her Mogul, btw, as did I.

Hope this helps the awsome programmers and if it did, I wouldn't mind a thanks!

matt
It's definitely the HTC drivers. No2chem posted that on his blog awhile back.