PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   new TP2 manilla for TP-Dutty created it for HD already (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58342)

bedoig 02-19-2009 06:13 PM

Re: new TP2 manilla for TP-Dutty created it for HD already

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 723881)
I just saw it and I honestly don't see the big deal. It's not going to be like the new touch flo. Don't get me wrong, pretty cool, but this is the second time I've seen someone start a thread about it on 2 different forums. Is this cooler than I think? LOL

Depends. Are you a geek?

bugsy90 02-20-2009 12:41 AM

there are two seperate things happening - one is a new version of TF3D which includes a calendar tab and all of the tabs now work in landscape mode with full functionality (they resize themselves appropriate so the phone works regardless of orientation). The toher is the addition of new applications like the ability to do conference calls fromth e phone (adding up to 5 calls, removing one caller at a time to have a private convo) and the contacts functionality (in each email you can press a button to call them and you have a stand alone page of all of the convos you have with that person including emails, texts and VMs). There's also pre-caching of websites for opera so when you start it up there is zero delay (just load time but no download time) for preset sites.

chazybaz13 02-20-2009 12:46 AM

OMG I am drooling in anticipation, the touch pro 2 is sexys. Except for the loss of Flash and the 3 MPs....

ruskiyab 02-20-2009 01:54 AM

Conference calling probably won't be available unless supported by network

clami 02-20-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruskiyab (Post 724938)
Conference calling probably won't be available unless supported by network

with that being said if sprint gets it it wuill have a flash

chronster 02-20-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clami (Post 725592)
with that being said if sprint gets it it wuill have a flash

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I mean, sprint doesn't even support a data connection while in-call so how could they offer something as advanced as a conference hosting phone where you can speak to individuals during the call? Sounds like something Alltel will have lol.

rainfreak 02-20-2009 03:27 PM

Well I can tell you that I installed this on my TP today and it is wicked fast compared to the stock TF3D. They did a hell of a job converting this to VGA...

chronster 02-20-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 725970)
Well I can tell you that I installed this on my TP today and it is wicked fast compared to the stock TF3D. They did a hell of a job converting this to VGA...

I've seen it as a simple cab install, but the instructions insisted that a hard reset be done prior to installing. Did you install the rom or the cab? If you installed the cab, did you do a hard reset prior?

gianthobbit 02-20-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 725970)

I did not know that this was done already, Ive been following XBmod thread over at XDA and didnt see anything. There confusing directions on the first post, is this what you followed (new to the scene so confusing to me, i thought these were for beta test etc.)

stevedusa 02-20-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gianthobbit (Post 726330)
I did not know that this was done already, Ive been following XBmod thread over at XDA and didnt see anything. There confusing directions on the first post, is this what you followed (new to the scene so confusing to me, i thought these were for beta test etc.)

Yeah I am confused too, over XDA it says "Not Released Yet" so how did you guys got it anyway?