PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   new TP2 manilla for TP-Dutty created it for HD already (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58342)

gianthobbit 02-19-2009 12:05 PM

new TP2 manilla for TP-Dutty created it for HD already

http://www.fuzemobility.com/?p=2137

Check this article out.

If its out for the HD already I would imagine we will have it soon for our touch pros as well, correct?

bugsy90 02-19-2009 12:16 PM

Re: new TP2 manilla for TP-Dutty created it for HD already

The porting has already begun. Manila/TF3D will be the hardest if it's possible at all but the apps should start to be ported by the weekend.

TheAccuser 02-19-2009 12:17 PM

How exciting!!! Having some of these upgrades on my TP would be awesome.

gianthobbit 02-19-2009 01:38 PM

yes, the upgrade to the people tab, the new start menu, very excited

gianthobbit 02-19-2009 04:59 PM

what threads is thing on so I can monitor it (PPC or XDA etc.)

chazybaz13 02-19-2009 05:10 PM

OMG! I am so excited for this! This is gonna be awesome!

fat boy 02-19-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gianthobbit (Post 723673)
what threads is thing on so I can monitor it (PPC or XDA etc.)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...262#post721262

bugsy90 02-19-2009 05:33 PM

some of the apps are in the works and they'll be reported on FuzeMobility as soon as they occur - some of the developer's have told us that they will tell us when they are releasing anything.

bedoig 02-19-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fat boy (Post 723724)

Or cut out the middle man. :) [Edit: no offense intended. That might have sounded different out loud/on paper than it did in my head.] Xbmoxmod's HD Manila / TP2 Manila thread is probably the first place it will show up ported for VGA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470164

Might take some time though, as I've poked around the mode9 files myself before and there are a lot of values to edit.

Nice video of all the new additions at WMPoweruser.

chronster 02-19-2009 06:10 PM

I just saw it and I honestly don't see the big deal. It's not going to be like the new touch flo. Don't get me wrong, pretty cool, but this is the second time I've seen someone start a thread about it on 2 different forums. Is this cooler than I think? LOL

bedoig 02-19-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 723881)
I just saw it and I honestly don't see the big deal. It's not going to be like the new touch flo. Don't get me wrong, pretty cool, but this is the second time I've seen someone start a thread about it on 2 different forums. Is this cooler than I think? LOL

Depends. Are you a geek?

bugsy90 02-20-2009 12:41 AM

there are two seperate things happening - one is a new version of TF3D which includes a calendar tab and all of the tabs now work in landscape mode with full functionality (they resize themselves appropriate so the phone works regardless of orientation). The toher is the addition of new applications like the ability to do conference calls fromth e phone (adding up to 5 calls, removing one caller at a time to have a private convo) and the contacts functionality (in each email you can press a button to call them and you have a stand alone page of all of the convos you have with that person including emails, texts and VMs). There's also pre-caching of websites for opera so when you start it up there is zero delay (just load time but no download time) for preset sites.

chazybaz13 02-20-2009 12:46 AM

OMG I am drooling in anticipation, the touch pro 2 is sexys. Except for the loss of Flash and the 3 MPs....

ruskiyab 02-20-2009 01:54 AM

Conference calling probably won't be available unless supported by network

clami 02-20-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruskiyab (Post 724938)
Conference calling probably won't be available unless supported by network

with that being said if sprint gets it it wuill have a flash

chronster 02-20-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clami (Post 725592)
with that being said if sprint gets it it wuill have a flash

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I mean, sprint doesn't even support a data connection while in-call so how could they offer something as advanced as a conference hosting phone where you can speak to individuals during the call? Sounds like something Alltel will have lol.

rainfreak 02-20-2009 03:27 PM

Well I can tell you that I installed this on my TP today and it is wicked fast compared to the stock TF3D. They did a hell of a job converting this to VGA...

chronster 02-20-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 725970)
Well I can tell you that I installed this on my TP today and it is wicked fast compared to the stock TF3D. They did a hell of a job converting this to VGA...

I've seen it as a simple cab install, but the instructions insisted that a hard reset be done prior to installing. Did you install the rom or the cab? If you installed the cab, did you do a hard reset prior?

gianthobbit 02-20-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

I did not know that this was done already, Ive been following XBmod thread over at XDA and didnt see anything. There confusing directions on the first post, is this what you followed (new to the scene so confusing to me, i thought these were for beta test etc.)

stevedusa 02-20-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gianthobbit (Post 726330)
I did not know that this was done already, Ive been following XBmod thread over at XDA and didnt see anything. There confusing directions on the first post, is this what you followed (new to the scene so confusing to me, i thought these were for beta test etc.)

Yeah I am confused too, over XDA it says "Not Released Yet" so how did you guys got it anyway?

Hafrust 02-20-2009 05:40 PM

I could be wrong, but the way I read it, he's going to be posting the updated version in the same thread he posted his latest HD Port. That's what it looks like since a lot of the posts in that thread are dated back to december.

No1ustad 02-20-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

you helpin 'em test it man? or did you just install the manila ported from the HD on accident?

rainfreak 02-20-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1ustad (Post 726370)
you helpin 'em test it man? or did you just install the manila ported from the HD on accident?

Yeah, you are right and I am a friggin' idiot. Here I am all excited about loading something that has been out for quite a while now.

See what happens when I hurt my back (yeah, again) and double up on my meds? The Vicodin, Flexoril and Tylenol 3's seemed like a good idea at the time.

God... and I was working on my company's Cisco router today... wonder what I F'd up on that thing... and what I am going to have to fix over the weekend...

rainfreak = jacka$$

stevedusa 02-20-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 726803)
Yeah, you are right and I am a friggin' idiot. Here I am all excited about loading something that has been out for quite a while now.

See what happens when I hurt my back (yeah, again) and double up on my meds? The Vicodin, Flexoril and Tylenol 3's seemed like a good idea at the time.

God... and I was working on my company's Cisco router today... wonder what I F'd up on that thing... and what I am going to have to fix over the weekend...

rainfreak = jacka$$

Meh, everytime I heard the word Cisco I have nightmares... Well good luck on your end! And hope you get it fixed ASAP, I know it has ruined many of my weekends.

rainfreak 02-20-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevedusa (Post 726820)
Meh, everytime I heard the word Cisco I have nightmares... Well good luck on your end! And hope you get it fixed ASAP, I know it has ruined many of my weekends.

Thanks... LOL!

Actually no one has complained of anything yet and after I made my last post I checked everything form outside my network so it looks like I didn't FUBAR it too bad. Tomorrow morning, when I am a little more "clear headed," I will be checking my config and comparing my changes to my last good running config to see what I mistakes I may have made.

For now... I just dosed up again and am too damn afraid to look at it :)

(and for the record, as far as company WANs are concerned, I would never consider anything other than a Cisco router for a solid, stable and dependable solution)

stevedusa 02-20-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 726832)
Thanks... LOL!

Actually no one has complained of anything yet and after I made my last post I checked everything form outside my network so it looks like I didn't FUBAR it too bad. Tomorrow morning, when I am a little more "clear headed," I will be checking my config and comparing my changes to my last good running config to see what I mistakes I may have made.

For now... I just dosed up again and am too damn afraid to look at it :)

(and for the record, as far as company WANs are concerned, I would never consider anything other than a Cisco router for a solid, stable and dependable solution)

AGREED... ISA requires constant babysitting and 24/7 diaper change among AD; no time for homebuilt linux router box; consumer router is good before we expended; nothing is better than a solid Cisco Router.

Pain in the behind to work those things though, but once done setting it up, runs forever lol.

Now I have a fear for a blinking cursor and closets, if you know what I mean.

rainfreak 02-20-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevedusa (Post 726841)
AGREED... ISA requires constant babysitting and 24/7 diaper change among AD; no time for homebuilt linux router box; consumer router is good before we expended; nothing is better than a solid Cisco Router.

Pain in the behind to work those things though, but once done setting it up, runs forever lol.

Now I have a fear for a blinking cursor and closets, if you know what I mean.

LMAO.. .thanks, I needed that :)

bugsy90 02-21-2009 12:03 AM

ok calculator ported: http://www.fuzemobility.com/?p=2174
and Opera proted: http://www.fuzemobility.com/?p=2179
I beleive HTC Album is imminent as well but the only change is the speed it runs - nothing cosmetic

bugsy90 02-21-2009 11:28 AM

Touch Pro 2 keyboard should be ported today. It's anticipated to be a T9 keyboard which I don't love but it is what it is...

gianthobbit 02-21-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugsy90 (Post 727653)
Touch Pro 2 keyboard should be ported today. It's anticipated to be a T9 keyboard which I don't love but it is what it is...

sweet, thanks for the update

silence12782 02-21-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugsy90 (Post 727103)
ok calculator ported: http://www.fuzemobility.com/?p=2174
and Opera proted: http://www.fuzemobility.com/?p=2179
I beleive HTC Album is imminent as well but the only change is the speed it runs - nothing cosmetic

Yo thanks for that info that can be useful for my next rom!

No1ustad 02-21-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 726803)

rainfreak = jacka$$

haha. it's all good. yea, the HD manila is great! sit back and take an extra vicodin on your next dose to enjoy your weekend just that much more ;)

bugsy90 02-21-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silence12782 (Post 727931)
Yo thanks for that info that can be useful for my next rom!

If you're making a new ROM you should squeeze the .exe's for a faster launch time: http://www.fuzemobility.com/?p=2030
As a side note, i looked at the FM radio and like HTC Album it doesn't appear to have anything exciting in it but I'll take a second look just in case:)

nuprotocol 02-22-2009 03:18 AM

Great info. Thanks!

bugsy90 02-22-2009 10:40 AM

OK - Albums was ported as well and it has the social network engine and works with FootPrints and GMaps - posted on Fuzemobility.com again

Jmz 02-22-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugsy90 (Post 729785)
OK - Albums was ported as well and it has the social network engine and works with FootPrints and GMaps - posted on Fuzemobility.com again

I am keeping a single thread being updated as they are released.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58596

Beejis 02-22-2009 05:24 PM

I downloaded the new build from the xda website that fuzemobile was talking about but for some reason no url is working, sprint won't connect to any. Wi-fi works but sprint no. Anyone know why?

Beejis 02-22-2009 05:32 PM

Found the fix for the new Opera build linked at xda. Sprint users need to download the non Fuze cab, I did and now the Sprint connection works great!

Asphyx 02-22-2009 06:01 PM

I await the port with baited breath but I been down this road before with HTC Home for the 6800 and I think most TP users are gonna find that the newest version of Manila will take up too much memory to do anything else with the phone.

I do hope I'm wrong about that because the new version looks like it has fixed some major missing pieces from the original.

Personally I would like to see HTC make an App that lets you do the same thing only each tab(screen) was it's own little today plug. I could install calendar and messaging plugs and have those pages but could remove settings...

I could also add my own today plug and assign it a page.

So far TF3D (and shouldn't this new one be called TF4D to avoid confusion?) seems like the right idea with bad execution...

But between all the bonafide genius' here and at XDA It won't be long before we will have something much better...LOL

You know if HTC would just hire 10 of the best guys from XDA, none of us would have to FLASH our phones at all...
Unless we subscribe to Verizon! LOL

No1ustad 02-22-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asphyx (Post 730509)
I await the port with baited breath but I been down this road before with HTC Home for the 6800 and I think most TP users are gonna find that the newest version of Manila will take up too much memory to do anything else with the phone.

I do hope I'm wrong about that because the new version looks like it has fixed some major missing pieces from the original.

why would the newest version of manila take up too much memory? it's meant to run on the TP2, which has the same mem req as the TP (512/288 )